Aarrgh no orlistat

smellymelly said:
yep my doctor did that in the end , it was all we could do so i got some , but even some chemist didnt even have that !! but got some eventually !!!

Good for you :)

Hi guys, Just stumpled apon this site when looking up about the xenical shortage, Ive been using xenical and dieting and been doing so well, lost 28lbs and Ive tried to get my pills for a week and no such luck, called 15+ chemists in Glasgow, been to 5 and even out to East Kilbride where I work I just cant get them and im really struggling, no one seems to know times, they say they have been tool a week several times but they never appear and then go on to say there is no alternative?! any ideas what I can do guys, Im really trying but this week had no loss:(

Thanks xxxx

Hi guys, Just stumpled apon this site when looking up about the xenical shortage, Ive been using xenical and dieting and been doing so well, lost 28lbs and Ive tried to get my pills for a week and no such luck, called 15+ chemists in Glasgow, been to 5 and even out to East Kilbride where I work I just cant get them and im really struggling, no one seems to know times, they say they have been tool a week several times but they never appear and then go on to say there is no alternative?! any ideas what I can do guys, Im really trying but this week had no loss:(

Thanks xxxx

Hi & welcome

Have you completely run out? If so are you still eating within the xen rules? I can see that you do WW & obviously there are some things you can eat on WW which are not in the 5g/100g rule. Some people have asked their docs for a prescription for double dosage of alli but I think even that is a shortage.

I have to say that in my experience the tablets don't make me lose more weight as I eat low fat anyway they just keep me on track.

Sainsburys told me they were due in within the week but I think that is what they are being told & it doesn't appear to be happening like that!

Thanks so much for replying Lexie, I go to weightwatchers for the weigh in and before taking the tabs that was the diet that worked for me, I have completely ran out:mad: When I mentioned to pharmacy about alli they also confirmed I would have as much trouble with that! I arranged repeat prescription last week when i had 6 days left but when I went to collect prescription I had to arrange appointment for weight so hence why completely out:cry:x

Right ok, my advice, try joining www.myfitnesspal.com (its what a lot of us use) it will work out your calorie allowance & try sticking to the no more than 5g per 100g fat rule & see if that starts your weight loss again until the xen is back in. I have a prescription waiting at Drs but no point in picking it up as it can't be filled. I have a bit of a stockpile here too as I haven't taken 3 a day for a long time & in all honesty I now only take one every 3 days to keep me on track.....

And a massive well done to you on your weight loss, Ive loaded my fitness pal and will try it more myself now, Ive not totally relied on tabs but worried all the same x

Drea2904 said:
And a massive well done to you on your weight loss, Ive loaded my fitness pal and will try it more myself now, Ive not totally relied on tabs but worried all the same x

Hi if you want add me as a friend on myfitnesspal I'm 2misbehave.. Lexie is right the tabs help but it mainly due to how you follow the rules and how much exercise you do! Lexie is great at staying within the rules and you can also view her food dairy .. Mine is viewable too but I often have over eating issues.. U Do have to bear with me :)

You wouldn't have had any joy 6 days earlier though either I'm afraid. There's been a shortage for several months now. All we can do is hope our diets have changed for the better and keep on the straight and narrow. Look on it as good practice for when we're off it totally :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Drea2904 said:
Thank you mis behave I will add you, thank you too kat, i really hope it does! well done guys xxx

I'm lexie2005 if you wanna add me too, mfp is a really good site but minis & especially this forum
Is a godsend x

:-( I was so excited my GP accepted to start me on it today though I Donno why he bothered I can't even get my first months worth

I popped to Boots today to check if they had any..... they didn't. But what I spotted was about 3 packets of Alli on the shelf behind the counter.
I am going to contact my Drs tomorrow and ask if they will prescribe me Alli in the interim
My local pharmacy told.me that the orlastat website said pharmacies should not contact them until after the 23rd.

I think I have enough until Wednesday.

Be interested to see if they prescribe the alli! Keep us posted

I will do that, many thanks Lexie, if anything Im really pleased I found this site:) x

if you want to add me to myfitnesspal i am notagain100 as i couldnt't get poppy100!

Found this on the us xenical support page (bit like the MAP page in the UK)
Public Letter for Xenical Shortage

Not much help in that it doesn't give any date for stock being available, but that maybe tells us something about not getting our hopes up too soon. Think it's time for me to ration myself abit!

Found this on the us xenical support page (bit like the MAP page in the UK)
Public Letter for Xenical Shortage

Not much help in that it doesn't give any date for stock being available, but that maybe tells us something about not getting our hopes up too soon. Think it's time for me to ration myself abit!

thanks for that link purplemum.really hope they sort it out soon

Thanks honey! It really isn't looking like its gonna be any time soon. I'm at docs in a fortnight, might ask them what they're suggesting people do x

Back