Aarrgh no orlistat

I felt bad buying up alli, especially as loads of xen people will be doing that and leaving the alli ones with no supply, but I needed to know I had enough to get to the end of the shortage. I paid instead of getting it on a script, and will use it up before I would get my xen script. I felt greedy, but was so relieved to get it. A few months down the line and I think I would be feeling better about attempting to go it alone. I hope everyone gets enough to keep them going. I wonder if Teva will have more soon, they are missing a great opportunity to sell loads!

i am not being funny purplemum, you just need to do what you need to do. if that mean buying all the ali supply, so be it. hopefully it will sort it out soon. spoke to a friend who was on it a couple of yeard ago and she said they went through a shortage then and it resolved. so fingers and toes all crossed

toofatkat said:
On the way to my mums today I was on the M62 and what did I see but the TEVA factory at the side!!!!!
I almost pulled off at the next junction to storm and hijack their stocks!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey I have seen that too its not far from me... How can there be a shortage when the factory is massive haha

I think a matching protest to the factory should do the trick - I wonder whether they do it to boost the alli sales?! Bit of advertising maybe?! Lol x

well after visiting many chemists in london today on the hunt for alli.. the stories from each one very different.. no stock because they are changing the packaging... no stock because they are being discontinued due to some recent news about their effects??? and boots on oxford street said they would no longer be stocking them as they are focusing
on other weightloss drugs

The only reasonably consistent stuff I've seen is on pharmacy news type sites. A couple say there was an issue with 'good manufacturing practice or processes' or something at the plant that makes some of the ingredients for xen, as well as tamiflu and other meds. There are supposedly shortages so some of the other drugs, but some have been allowed to continue as they are more important meds. With regards the health concerns, there were concerns re kidney, but Europe did a study recently saying there was insufficient evidence or something along those lines. I think the outcome was that it could continue to be sold. As there are reported shortages of other meds from roche it seems that a problem at the factory may be a more likely explanation. But who really knows? I found this scouting on the net, so it could all be hearsay.

Well guys had my first weigh in without any of my lovely blue tabs for a full week, I was so worried as I put 1lb on last week and I had used my last two tablets during that week and I so thought it was due to no orlistat and not over eating/drinking. Well result was 6lbs off!!!!!!!!! I am over the moon, we can do it without, I thought positive and upped my walking and I'm now not so worried about managing while we wait;);) xxxx

I managed to get two months supply in Aberdeen from a chemist on urm.... Mount Street (if that helps anyone) They don't seem to have any regular customers and its the only chemist with any in stock out of the 20 ish I phoned yesterday after getting a script for it. They said they don't know when they are getting more in. Another chemist said it would be June before they expected any more in.

Drea2904 said:
Well guys had my first weigh in without any of my lovely blue tabs for a full week, I was so worried as I put 1lb on last week and I had used my last two tablets during that week and I so thought it was due to no orlistat and not over eating/drinking. Well result was 6lbs off!!!!!!!!! I am over the moon, we can do it without, I thought positive and upped my walking and I'm now not so worried about managing while we wait;);) xxxx

That's great. Obviously taking the tablets has made you think more about what you're eating and you've been able to still do that without them :)
It gives us all some hope. Well done xxx

Drea2904 said:

Absolutely brilliant! Well done xx

thats really encouraging thank you. well done on your loss

Well done!! Fab Loss :) x

Back