ABERDEEN - Day 4 for me and me hubby!

Ah but has Gillian McKeith every tasted a hot rowie with butter - maybe it would stop her being cranky....

Did my nurse training in Aberdeen then got a job out in the sticks here, met my OH who is a farmer and all hope of moving nearer civilisation went out the window...... still working part time tho and about to start a new job at Elgin - hence the start of the diet - that and having spent a fortnight abroad feeling awful as i am so heavy just now. Have got family who stay near Aberlour thats not that far from Grantown i think

You'll have lost heaps if its your first weigh in after 2 weeks eh?? God what a long wait tho to find out.....I get bars this week as its week 3 looking forward to the toffee and choc one - seem to prefer the shakes to the soups as they are easier to mix on the go. Tried to use a shaker to mix some hot choc last week and it exploded all over me kitchen - what a waste of good choc and what a mess....he he

The only soupl I like is the lactose free Mushroom one, but not as much as I like the shakes, a bit of a sweet tooth me! My CDC gave me a couple of bars in my 2 week order and I gave in and had them, although I found they make me really windy! I use a hand blender for my shakes which works a treat and I bought a Kenwood 'frothy' drinks maker for hot shakes as it heats and froths!!
Fab stuff!!

Did my nurse training in Aberdeen then got a job out in the sticks here, met my OH who is a farmer and all hope of moving nearer civilisation went out the window...... still working part time tho and about to start a new job at Elgin - hence the start of the diet - that and having spent a fortnight abroad feeling awful as i am so heavy just now. Have got family who stay near Aberlour thats not that far from Grantown i think

My Aunt lives near Aberlour, nice place and no its not far from Grantown! Elgin is also lovely, I just missed city life as I lived down in London when I was younger, now tho, I wish I was back in the country, case of the grass is always greener eh?!!:rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to go as I finish work soon, but will bw back on this evening, thaks for chatting to me, its so nice to talk to someone near home!!

KEEP STRONG!!! lol:D

mmmm - might have to invest in yet another kitchen gadget - theres no cupboard space for the ones i have but the other half will have to put up and shut up as its in the aim of a thinner me...he he - bet Gillian would choke on a rowie if she knew what they were made of

My first flat was in Rosemount - in Northfield Place, just off Esslemont Avenue! Now live halfway between Glasgow and Embra - not far from Falkirk. Are you a real Aberdonian or did you just move there? I suppose my son could call himself Aberdonian as he was born in ARI ...

I do miss the rowies! (ssshhhh don't tell anyone else what they are, they'll all want them!)

Just a quickie, have to go home! Not a true Aberdonian, mainly from Aviemore area, moved around a fair bit! Rosemount is a lovely area still, hopefully speak to you later.
Take care x

mmmm - might have to invest in yet another kitchen gadget - theres no cupboard space for the ones i have but the other half will have to put up and shut up as its in the aim of a thinner me...he he - bet Gillian would choke on a rowie if she knew what they were made of

LOL, mine live on the kitchen surface, nowhere to put em but I cant live without them!!:D

Rachel - good luck with your second attempt at CD and well done for initially losing 4 stone (that's 56lb! a huge amount) the first time around. I stay around the Falkirk area, not too far from Mrs Pink actually.

Langan - 12lb in 4 days!!! Amazing result, you must be thrilled to bits. It's a pity about your LL experience, it is very strict compared to CD though. I personally needed the structure (and counselling) of LL and managed to get to my goal weight (a first) five months ago.

Christine - four weeks of SSing! You'll be getting well into the routine by now.

Mrs Pink - hello there! I have a question. What is a rowie? Is it like a buttery? I did try one once (in Aberdeen) but found it too salty. What's the best way to eat them?

A Rowie!

Smillie the Baker Ltd - quality bakers & confectioners
butteries.jpg

Absolutely yummy heated you and spread with butter and anything else you want! Very very unhealthy!

Hi wanna be a yummy mummy

I actually live between Cullen and Portsoy but didn't think anyone would know where that was!!! Are you seeing the CDC in Fochabers thats where i go.

Hi Langnan

I've got a friend who lives on a farm near Fordyce so that's probably not far from you. We stay in Portgordon and I do see my CDC in Fochabers.

Christine xx

Hi Christine, how are you finding SS'ing then? I have found it easier this time round as I have restarted a few times with no success, I managed to get my head sorted tho and have stuck at it with gusto! I've found that the Perfectly Clear Strawberry & Kiwi sugar free sparkling water helps me! I find it hard drinking loads of plain water but not this stuff!

Are you looking forward to AAM?

Somedays SS is no bother at all and other days it's just soooooooo hard. AAM has been good, I'm going try to go back to SSing after this but it's so nice to have a meal, mmm!! I had no probs drinking water to start with coz I loved the stuff but now I have Coke Zero and sparkling water just to get my amount in.

Had a really crap weigh in this week (only lost 2lbs) but think it must be coz of totm - that's my excuse anyway!!

If you've got your head in the right place now - it'll make a massive difference.

Good luck!
Cxx

ps rowies with marg & freshly made homemade jam mmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Cxx

Thanks Rachel, for that link. The history of these local delicacies is fascinating, but thankfully I don't like them!

Hi Christine

Closer than you think!!!
I also live on a farm just outside Fordyce!!
Small world.
Who is your friend and by the way no-one around here knows i am dieting....

Claire (Langnan)

Hello :wavey:

I live in Glasgow but visit Aberdeen every few weeks as my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew live in Danestone.

I really like Aberdeen - I went to Uni there - although don't miss having to lean at 45 degrees into the wind to avoid being blown over !!

:party0011:

I'm finding it fine so far, although did get rather fed up of being anti-social in the first 4 weeks :( !

It's better now, much easier to carry a bar with you for a snack too - I really like the bars, could eat those three times a day if allowed :eek:

I'm looking through the Boden catalogue just now thinking about buying a size 10 dress to hang on the wardrobe as inspiration - and to keep me on track if I hit a plateau or have a bad week !!

How are you finding it ?

Hi Christine

Closer than you think!!!
I also live on a farm just outside Fordyce!!
Small world.
Who is your friend and by the way no-one around here knows i am dieting....

Claire (Langnan)

Hi Claire

I'm not sure the name of the farm but it's Carole & Gregor Sievwright - we both have labradoodles - that's how we met and then we ended up pregnant at roughly the same time, her wee boy's 4 months older than mine.

Christine

Hello :wavey:

I live in Glasgow but visit Aberdeen every few weeks as my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew live in Danestone.

I really like Aberdeen - I went to Uni there - although don't miss having to lean at 45 degrees into the wind to avoid being blown over !!

:party0011:

Hi Ellie,

Horizontal Rain!! Do you remember it?!! We have even had mini twisters this week, the weather has been vile!!

How long have you been SS'ing then and how are you finding it? Im on Day13 so far in the SS hoose and alls well so far although I really fancy a piece of toast, everyone else is having some and the smell is fine!!

Back