Total Solution Abigail's Diary.

Thankyou for the encouragement guys. Hope your journeys are all going well.

I've had a terrible week. The most difficult so far. And all down to boredom. Decided to treat myself to one week off for the start of my summer holiday before throwing myself into work again and I'm deeply regretting it. I've been so bored there's been a couple days I haven't left the house. Plenty of time for the mind to fixate on food and the diet and the ifs and the buts. Despite serious struggling I have managed to stay 100% TS all week.

The sun is out still. A warm Friday night and the smells from the neighbours BBQ have now filled the entire house! Im being truly tested this week. Weigh in on Monday and back to work I should be mentally back on track. Keeping myself busy and shifting those pounds!!

A cycle along the Thames tomorrow will give me plenty of time to refocus and regain the motivation.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :D.

Hey hun, ur doin really well. These forums look like they definitely keep up the motivation. Your story has really enspired me to be 100% on Monday when I start. One question you know when ur losin weight how come it doesn't change in the title where ur name is? Sorry I'm new to this site. Hope we can spur each other on :) x

Hi lulu. To be honest I don't really know how it all works. I've just updated my weight on my profile but because I'm a fairly newish user and have only posted x amount of times I can't see what others see haha. Good luck on Monday, I find keeping a diary really helps and a daily fix of reading everyone else's reminds you your human and everyone is facing similar challenges. Take it day by day. That's by best advice. Looking forward to seeing your losses. :)

Hey Abigail, thanks for the reply :) You need quite a few posts till they unlock you, not sure why like! How far off from the 11,a are you now? My goal is to be 10st but hopefully less! By mid august, going Ibiza and need to look hot in a bikini! It's going to be hard I know it but from what have heard on here it gets easier after day 5. I'm going to be on here everyday for inspo!! Can't wait to start losing big time! x

Hey lulu. Once you've conquered day 4 it's pretty much plain sailing from there. It is tough to start with but after a couple of weeks you'll start seeing the benefits not just losing weight but I have more energy I feel healthier in general, my skin is clear, better sleep and plenty more. With a goal like Ibiza it should help keep you motivated. It's only two months of your life and how much better you'll feel from doing it :). 2 stone in two months is very achievable. I've lost 1st 9lbs in 5 weeks. Hoping to be in the 11s by the next week or so :D

Weekly weigh in today and another 3lbs lost.

Good luck to everyone this week :D

You're doing fantastically, Abigail! x

Thanks for ur kind words :) you've done so well keep up the good work! I'm hoping for the 11's by next Monday too. Day 2 for me today x

So this week has been a good one. I started off with the plan of upping the exercise. I biked to Richmond park and back about 12 miles on Sunday, followed by body attack on Monday and another 12 mile bike ride to westminster on Tuesday. Managed to complete day one of the "Couch to 5K challenge" on Wednesday and have been doing 12 hour shifts since then, so no "formal" exercise the end of the week but 12 hours on my feet on a dementia ward the last four days sure felt like I was burning some calories. :).

My OH found out that he had graduated on thursday so I took him out to dinner to celebrate. Before the diet we would be going out for dinner maybe two or three times a week and I've really missed doing that with him. The restaurant we went to had all the nutritional info attached to their menu (I wish everywhere did this) and I opted for grilled chicken and green salad. I was so bloated afterward I couldn't believe it. It was a lovely evening and I managed to get straight back on TS the next day so pretty proud of myself. :)

To conclude, this week ended with another 3lb loss bringing me to 12st2lb. :D. The 11s are in sight and I'm hoping another 3lb loss this week will bring me down that next stone bracket :). I'll also have lost two stone aswell so a couple of goals to tick off and that extra motivation to keep heading towards those 10s.

Day off today (thank god) and I'm planning on hitting the gym.

Good luck to everyone else on their journey :D.

Well done Abigail. You are doing brilliantly. Here come the 11s! :)

So TOTM struck on Tuesday and I haven't been on TS at all since. I ordered in on Tuesday and cooked salmon and salad on Wednesday. Had a few friends over Thursday for a BBQ and had one too many vodkas. Chicken and salad on Friday and Saturday and lebanese yesterday. Today I was so ready to start TS again and is all going well so far.

I am mightily impressed to say I lost a quarter pound so pretty much STS. Made me realise that I can make sensible choices and have still been to the gym a few times this last week to burn off the extra calorie intake.

So I'm not too disappointed to not see the 11s today as I accomplished another goal. A little taster of what maintenance will be like and so happy I didn't scoff a packet of biscuits. Or order a mountain of Chinese or eat a kilo of chocolate!

The 11s will be here next week and the diet goes on :).

Good luck to everyone :)

Well done Abigail.

You've been sensible with your eating & its paid off.

11s next week hopefully x

Hows it going Abigail?

So a year later and I've managed to put it all back on. Bloody brilliant!

Starting again at 14st 11lbs. Just so glad I didn't wait until it was 15 or 16 or who knows what! I have been successful on this diet before and know I can do it again. Just getting back down to 13 something will really give me that kick up the arse I need.

I think I've come to realise I have such an unhealthy relationship with food. I eat when I'm sad. When I'm angry. When I'm bored. And even when I'm happy. It's just crazy.

For this to be my last "diet" I need to address what the attachment is and why it's there. Only then will I be truly free.

Another change this time round is "IM NOT ON A DIET" I'm making a "Lifestyle change". Sounds a lot less restrictive and punishing.

It's all about the psychology of food and dieting this time and why I continue to self-sabotage.

Sounds pretty negative but I don't mean it that way .

Weight-loss truly is a journey and for me I just want to find myself. Who I am under all the self-consciousness and low self esteem. Shift the weight and we will see.

With summer on our doorstep it's a huge motivator. No jeans or leggings or baggy jumpers this year. I WILL BE WEARING DRESSES!

Looking forward to reading how everyone is getting on and being part of this amazingly supportive group once more.

All the best to us all!

So a year later and I've managed to put it all back on. Bloody brilliant! Starting again at 14st 11lbs. Just so glad I didn't wait until it was 15 or 16 or who knows what! I have been successful on this diet before and know I can do it again. Just getting back down to 13 something will really give me that kick up the arse I need. I think I've come to realise I have such an unhealthy relationship with food. I eat when I'm sad. When I'm angry. When I'm bored. And even when I'm happy. It's just crazy. For this to be my last "diet" I need to address what the attachment is and why it's there. Only then will I be truly free. Another change this time round is "IM NOT ON A DIET" I'm making a "Lifestyle change". Sounds a lot less restrictive and punishing. It's all about the psychology of food and dieting this time and why I continue to self-sabotage. Sounds pretty negative but I don't mean it that way . Weight-loss truly is a journey and for me I just want to find myself. Who I am under all the self-consciousness and low self esteem. Shift the weight and we will see. With summer on our doorstep it's a huge motivator. No jeans or leggings or baggy jumpers this year. I WILL BE WEARING DRESSES! Looking forward to reading how everyone is getting on and being part of this amazingly supportive group once more. All the best to us all!

Welcome back Abigail!

It's frustrating when the weight goes back on but well done for nipping it in the bud now but returning to fix it.

You're right about breaking another higher stone bracket. I think that would have made it seem more daunting for you. It went on easily so it can come off easily too as you know!

I think it's good you're not thinking of it as a diet because all we want when we diet is for it to end! And the cycle never does if we don't make permanent changes to maintain loss.

I hope you're off to a good start and doing well.

Please do update us when you get a chance. :)

Hi Abigail, I wasn't around for your first diary but I've started again this week at pretty much the same weight as you. It's horrible slipping backwards (two years ago I'd gone from almost 16st to 12st 13lbs) but you've done it before and you'll get to where you need to be :)

Back