Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Well done Abz! Glad it all went so smoothly and you now have a lovely new car to play with! Just the lift you guys needed.

Love

Yay the good luck and normality is beginning to shine over you!

bren
X

well i haven't even seen it in daylight yet, ha. and i won't until tomorrow. how weird is that?? not sure our digital camera is working at the moment but i'll grab the photies off autotrader if it hasn't been taken down already :)

still need the insurance docs to arrive to tax it again though as it is due but they haven't shown up this morning like they should have :(

abz xx

Hi Abz, sure they will turn up tomorrow. You have a great weekend.

Lots of love

Hey hun,

so glad things are going good for ya..... Hope ya have sorted all teh car's paperwork.... and that it looks good in teh daylight!!!

Love nas x

HA. i arrive at work today to an email telling me that my desk is a fire and rodent hazard. and the email has been copied to my boss too!! i have some notebooks on my desk and one had fallen onto the windowsill. that was the fire hazard. and i have some 2 litre water bottles under my desk waiting to be recycled. that was the rodent hazard. and a warning about the huge pile of carrier bags that has nothing whatsoever to do with me nearby. that's my supervisor's. so i'm kind of seething that i've been made out to be this mucky, messy person when really, i'm not. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

other than that everything is fine. trying to catch up on what has happened over the last couple of days while i've been off which is a bit of a nightmare. my other project for today is to undo the cardigan i began knitting and to knit it in a slightly bigger size. grrr.

abz xx

LOL. Love the email about your desk. Id love to hear what they say about our place. Apart from the fact that we actually see rats lol.......

The fire hazard isnt really a huge problem cos it is a safety critical place so whenever the fire alarm goes off a doazen fire engines turn up immediately. Burnt toast causes so many problems haha.....cos the signalling panel is wired up to the fire alarm. Its called the "All Signals On" function. Basically it means when the fire alarm goes off the building should be evacuated and therefore all the signallers leave the box and cant run trains....so the panel puts all the signals back to red and nothing can move till the fire truck comes out haha.........................Can you imagine being at the station waiting for your train and being told " One of the technicians has burnt his toast therefore your train will be delayed" :p xx

hee. sounds about right. well the plastic bottles have been put in the bin, other than the one on my desk... sure the rats will be put off their plastic eating habit by it being elevated two feet, the carrier bags are now in my bottom draw as advised, so the fire can burn in there where it's much more safe.

off home now to knit a bit and eat something nice and have a glass or two of tipple.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE.

not partying too hard tonight as of course have work in the morning again.

then on monday there are plans for ikea again and at least another half a mile of swimming. hopefully we won't be quite as restricted for time on monday as the sat nav is going to be coming with us so we don't get quite so lost so may aim for 40 lengths.

abz xx

hiya chick, hope you had a fab Valentines Day! hows the wedding plans going... everything under control now i hope?

Happy Valentines Abz!

What is tipple??? (remember Oz culture barrier)

I love Ikea.

Bren
X

Happy Valentines Abz!

What is tipple??? (remember Oz culture barrier)

I love Ikea.

Bren
X
Hi Bren, seeing as Im first here, a tipple is a wee drink!! Which can sometimes turn into a bigger drink if you know what I mean;) lol.
Morning Abz
hope you had a lovely day yesterday. hope work wont be too crappy today.
xxx

i wrote a long answer earlier and for some reason it's not here...

ah well. i've been at work all day. it hasn't been the most interesting of days. sundays are rather slow so i've had programming and call testing today... woo. and my knitting is coming on a treat. i'm knitting a jumper for my goddaughter. the first one i knitted her when she was one... i didn't realise how much more time it would take now she's three... ha. and of course my best mate had to go and pic a pattern with twiddly bits in.. hee. not that we could see that on the picture. she was trying to choose an easy one... never mind. i can do it easily enough. it's just more time consuming... and i have to learn how to negotiate a hood :D can you tell i'm a fascinating person :D sorry. i get a wee bit obsessed with the knitting...

well tomorrow was to be ikea and swimming day, but i realised that the offer on the coffee table/storage box thingummy ended today, not tomorrow like i thought so OH was swiftly despatched despite the fact he had no idea what the thing looked like. luckily he liked it and it's now in a box waiting to be assembled downstairs. so tomorrow is now just swimming and chilling out day with (hopefully) a wee trip to the post office to do the car tax. oh please please let the documents turn up because we are cutting this very fine now!! we're going to have to pay from the beginning of the month as it is!!

so everyone send out 'please could abi's insurance documents arrive in the post tomorrow' vibes out so that i can tax the car in the morning.

also have forms to fill out and send tomorrow for the wedding stuff. since i am going to the post office it makes sense.

my other best friend finds out if her chemotherapy was successful after her six months of treatment on tuesday. we are all taking it easy about it because we don't want to panic her any more than she already is, but obviously we are all very very anxious on her behalf. i haven't mentioned it much on here as it isn't my story to tell. but you can't believe the amount of love and hope i'm sending her way. can't wait for her to come and choose her bridesmaid dress on the 20th march :D we're going to have a big trying on sesh, well, as far as we can with the chief bridesmaid over six months preggers!! hee.

anyhoo. with that i'll sign off and hop in the bath. have managed to do without pain killers all day yesterday and have just taken the first lot of today so the swimming does seem to be helping over all, but is bloody painful the day afterwards. still. i'm enjoying it. hopefully we'll do 40 lengths tomorrow. we used to do far more than that so here's hoping. the last time we went i didn't rest between lengths, i treaded water instead to keep me moving. we did alternate between four lengths crawl and four lengths breast stroke though to give ourselves a bit of an easier time of it and to work different muscles as breast stroke, although a slow one of mine, works my back much better.

right. i'm prattling. pain killers at work here. sorry :D

catch you all tomorrow.

abz xx

HI Abz
How was your swim hun?? I'm just off to the gym myself.

Bren
X

ha. we haven't been yet bren. it's only half nine :)

we're going around 12 so we can eat afterwards rather than doing the eat and wait thing.

am just about to watch a film or something and knit a bit more.

have been watching being human on bbci. it's cheesy as hell for a supernatural series thing, but i'm rather enjoying it :) roll on next sunday :)

abz xx

Morning Abz, like the sound of the swimming, you sound like a bit of a champ! It's very good for your back though; I always felt better for a swim, when I win big on the premium bonds (any day now I would think) I think I may have my own pool put in. That would be soooo nice.

Have a good day, happy knitting,

Love

would love my own pool barb!! when i was on holiday with my dad when i was little i used to insist we went to functions and dinner late etc because they started before the pool closed :D have always loved swimming as it's an exercise i've always been able to do, even if it killed me, i could do something. after i originally hurt my back i didn't do an awful lot of anything and my fitness level plummeted as my mobility was so horrible and painful that i didn't want to move much. i was horrified when i went swimming as i barely made 10 lengths when i used to regularly swim over 50. i am working my way back up to 50 now. thing is, i get a wee bit bored, ha. you should be able to get swimming ipods or something!!

abz xx

Back