Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Just over a K abz, but you've been on here a year and half longer than me. :D

Abz & I joined on the same day!! Blimey Abz... you do like a chat!! ;)

i cannot deny it :)

thomas's work have decided that they aren't going to reopen until next week at the earliest. so that's us screwed then...

nope. if they don't open next week then we are really going to be in trouble and we won't be able to do anything whatsoever for my birthday :(

on the upside my boss has said if i wanted to come back part time, if the company is still here then, then i can do the evening and weekend shifts which would nicely circumnavigate childcare issues, ha. as thomas would be home... so that's something to consider... if it's worth it i might come back to work earlier as a result... but it depends on how we manage on his salary and tax credits really.

it's absolutely disgusting. and it is blatently being done so they can get away without paying. they didn't even offer the option of taking holiday instead. not that he'd want to as he wants to take that when we have our baby. he's a gardener. but there is plenty of work to be doing that doesn't involve digging in the ground. at this time of year a lot of it is cutting back trees etc and clearing leaves. they've had the odd day of no work before but it has actually been due to bad weather conditions. this has been since before christmas...

oh. and i've just been looking into tax credits and benefits etc and i honestly think i would be better off if instead of going on maternity pay i just quit my job!!

it's absolutely disgusting. and it is blatently being done so they can get away without paying. they didn't even offer the option of taking holiday instead. not that he'd want to as he wants to take that when we have our baby. he's a gardener. but there is plenty of work to be doing that doesn't involve digging in the ground. at this time of year a lot of it is cutting back trees etc and clearing leaves. they've had the odd day of no work before but it has actually been due to bad weather conditions. this has been since before christmas...

God it makes you sick doesn't it that in this day & age companies can still do this!!

i'm not sure they can to be honest linzi, but they would find a reason to fire him if he made waves and we seriously can't afford that with the job market the way it is and a baby on the way... :( if he doesn't go back to work next week though we're going to have to go to citizen's advice i reckon. also going to look at our mortgage insurance policy...

Sadly it's still very common in the building and service industries.

Morning abz.

Cinderella is living proof that shoes can change your life!!

Ha ha - I've only just noticed this on your siggy but don't forget Dorothy - the red shoes changed her life too when she went on her long journey to oz :dooney: x

Hi there Abz - I hope you've had a good day x

Hi Abz, hope you're ok. x

hey everyone. sorry for being absent. thurs and fri were my days off and my mum is visiting so didn't get online. of course here i am today, at work, and bored, ha. it's a quiet day so far. i really shouldn't complain. i really really don't want anything broken that i have to fix!!

i am doing ok. i am shattered though. i'm sure i'm sleeping better than i have in a while, but maybe that's why. baby is currently awake and kicking me to thank me for the apple i just ate.

think i'm going to get myself a weak coffee and see if i can perk up a wee bit :)

ooh. and thomas is going back to work on monday *dances* so if we make it through the next week of no pay whatsoever we should be just about back on our feet. no savings, no paying off the credit card and a very frugal birthday for me, but we will have made it nonetheless. just shows how much we can tighten our belts when we have to... and before too long, we really really have to!!

abz xx

Back