Absolute "Determination" never again!

Louie lou

Hi I've just been to see the nurse for the first time in 2 years and she weighed me and took my BP, she was very happy with me because of the weight loss but it got me thinking.

I was the same weight 2 years ago than I was at the start of CD, I also found a diary from last year and in May 08 I was the same weight as May this year when I started CD.

So for the last 2 years at least I have stayed the same, does that mean I have been maintaining my weight and when I reach goal I should be able to do it again, just at a lower weight or when you are heavier can you stand to eat more calories without putting more weight on.

It would be interesting to know, because last time I lost weight I put it all back on and much, much more.

I am DETERMINED this time I will not put the weight back on what ever happens, it will be a long hard journey and not one I wish to repeat EVER AGAIN.

Anyone any idea whether weight make a difference in the calories one uses in day to day life.

If you are heavier do you use more or less calories to maintain a steady weight, I would think you would use more because it take a lot to carry 11st extra as I was.

But also as one loses weight it will also become easier to be more active and that should also help with maintenance.

I'm afraid that you're spot on... the less you weigh the less calories you need to maintain that weight:sigh:

this is simply because you no longer have to move the excess around all day everyday...

You can work out the approx amount of calories it takes to maintain your weight, just google basal metabolic rate calculator... there's a few out there.

This is my last time at a VLCD... I'm NOT doing it ever again, as a consequence I'm completely focussed in a way that over the last few years I'd thought had left me. But on Monday, I wrote down that this would be the absolute last time I would embark upon a diet and that I would be getting to a healthy BMI in the foreseeable future, so far it's taken me 3 years to lose what you see on my ticker.... with all the usual gains... losses, and maintains (sometimes for months) along the way.
So now I say that this is my last chance.... I am determined... I don't think that I've made it to day 4 in around 2 years so I guess that says how I've set my mind!

Good luck with your journey! I look forward to hearing from less of you too!

i think you learn to platue at certain times, when i was 12st i ate loads for about a year i never went a lb over then all of a sudden eating the same stuff i shot upto 13.1/2, then platued again, i think once we looses the weight and stick to a low fat lower cal diet we will be fine, b4 diet i ate about 2500 cal a day, to stay slim i will need to eat about 1500 a day, i will have the odd blip, gain, but will get it straight off not think oh well im getting fat i may aswell eat, i want to get to 8st 13, and will allow myself a max gain of about 8lb no heavier than 9st 7lb. i hope anyway lol xxx

Back