Absolute Frustration

novotose

So, in the last month, before I joined Minimins, I'd been busy working out my gym/eating regime, stupidly forgetting that..... I now go through a period once a month after being advised to abandon most medical forms of contraception. So....

At the end of the weekend, I was pleased to see my weight at 108kg, a loss of 3kg in my first full week of healthy eating and excerise, yet thanks to the monthly fairy it's gone up to 112kg. I know this is superficial, I read everything on it...

But how do you stay motativated when the scales point and laugh.

I stay motivated by knowing that diets do work... Perseverance is the only way to go for me. I calorie count and do intermittent fasting, logging every day, so there's no way for it not to work. The scales do go up, sometimes without me really understanding why, but at the end of the day, I know in the long run, it will go down. There are things that will make you fluctuate and hold on to water, like temperature outside, strenuous exercise, hormones, salt intake, too big or too little consumption of water, the list goes on.
I won't lie, I do get discouraged when I suddenly overnight, for no reason, go up 2lbs, and yes, I have feelings of "oh what's the point!", but I've learned to turn that gain into a stronger motivation to succeed, that my body will NOT make me lose my focus. It's got to do its own thing, so I let it. I keep going and the weight does go down again. It's all about state of mind really.

You've got to find that will within you and keep in mind the grander goal of where you'd like to be. Setting small mini-targets helps as that breaks it down into chunks and the long journey becomes a lot less scary.

Back