Which is the best diet?

kazd

I like many have tried most diets and had success with most diets for about 6-8 weeks, then I fall off the wagon and go through an out of control phase. The result is that 25 years after giving up smoking which started the weight gain issue I am now heavier than ever at 214.5lbs (Heaviest was 215.7). Am just coming out of a period of out of control eating, ice cream followed by chocolate, rest and repeat on a daily basis.

I am also I guess fed up, husband has been away for a couple of years (back every six weeks) and finishes in the next couple of month, eldest two live away, one at Uni and one finished but staying in his Uni city if he has anything to do with it. I am left with youngest who just does not do vegetables, doesn't particularly like anything I cook unless it comes pizza or chicken nugget style. So cooking does not hold out much fun, tied with having to handle said moody teen, working full time and still trying to keep house all adds up to a general low mood. Having said that in general I am not moody I am very happy at work, enjoy a good laugh and live a fairly good and healthy life (except for weigh and gall stones as a result).

The thing is tummy is folding over on itself and thighs are like tree trunks, not a good luck for the bikini I intend to squeeze into in June!

So I eventually get to the reason for this thread. I had convinced myself that I was going to start Dukan tomorrow for the quick weight loss, then read about a girl who lost 3 stone and put it all back on once she went back to her normal eating (that's the key issue I know). Then I thought right Slimming World it is and this for me is always backed up by the amount of people who subscribe to SW thread on here compared to WW. But and it's a big but, is the reason SW is so popular on here because it does not preach portion control, as much pasta or rice or potatoes as you want etc albeit filling your plate with at least 1/3 speed foods. Just curious on your thoughts!

Back