Extra Easy Absolutely gutted - I've put on weight in my second week!!!

LouLouD123

Oh no, I am so gutted. First week I lost 3 pounds and then I got weighed last night and have put on 1 1/2 pounds!! I have been sticking to the plan, it was not my star week. I am thinking that I have not really got the hang of extra easy. Didnt really get a chance to speak to the consultant for long as it's a massive class and my friend needed to go home straight away at the end.
From what I can tell, the things I have been doing wrong are eating quite a few grapes, some days a whole bunch. But I thought they were superfree. Eating mugshots as a snack after school when kids get home as it's long time till dinner for me. I have had a slice of ham occasionally. I've tried pretty hard to always make my meals 1/3 superfree. From what I understand from the consultant I should not be having any free food as snacks inbetween meals?? But it's a really long way between 12.30 and 8pm when I eat my evening meal with hubby. Am I only supposed to have 3 meals per day? I did the plan successfully and lost about 3 stone but this was over 10 years ago and maybe I just can't get my head around the slightly more restrictive nature of EE?

Help please.....

You have me worried I ate a bunch of grapes yesterday and my second weigh in.is tomorrow! I'm scared, I think I'm.following the plan but then you just don't.know, your diet sounds fine.to me but I'm only.on second week too, looking forward to replies x

it's only hearsay from other members at my group about the grapes and their sugar content. And I did eat about 4-5 bunches over the course of the week. Good luck with your weigh-in :)

Oh poo, it feels rubbish when you gain, dunnit.. :(

You're not limited to just 3 meals a day, have a look in the "choose success" booklet on your pack, I find reading and re-reading the plan helps.

I think you can snack on any free food, so long as you are eating when you're hungry and stopping when you're satisfied - not doing what I used to do and eating cos you can, cos its there, or cos you're bored... :)

Give it a good month on the plan. See how your losses go :) body weight naturally fluctuated daily by a couple of lbs, and 1lb could just be a glass of water or a mug of tea before WI. Don't give up plz lol x

Its awful when this happens but DON'T give up yet as auburn says give it a month a week is too short overall, but when I asked my C she said you can have as many meals or snacks in a day but you must still follow 2/3 & 1/3 rule so if you have the mugshot you must have either fruit/salad/veg with it same with the ham - hence my fridge is full of cherry tomatoes I find they go with most free snack food. Good luck this week keep at it (hugs) x

Thanx honey. Was in a massive sulk last night but will read that booklet properly. Think I am like some men who dont like to read instructions for anything. Plus I probably think I know it all from red/green days years ago ;) xx

Thanx too Jo43. I am a bit of a 'if it don't work straight away' type and I must give it time. It took a long time to get this way and so.....
xx

Sorry to hear you gained - its a horrible feeling if you do not know why. I too used to do SW 10 years ago in the days of red / green and started again last year. I have not done one EE day as just couldn't get my head around it, and there is no way I could do 1/3 superfree on each meal, so I do red / green as I know it works for me and I have lost almost 2 stone now. As it worked for you before, maybe you should just go back to 'old school' and do what you know?

Anna xx

In my 29 weeks and losing almost 3 stone I've had 4 gains and I don't know why. You have to brush yourself off and carry on. I know that's easier said than done however out bodies work in mysterious ways and there are many contributing factors as to why you've had a small gain.

The plan works, we are all proof of that.. Stick to the plan and you will be rewarded you'll see

Oh no, I am so gutted. First week I lost 3 pounds and then I got weighed last night and have put on 1 1/2 pounds!! I have been sticking to the plan, it was not my star week. I am thinking that I have not really got the hang of extra easy. Didnt really get a chance to speak to the consultant for long as it's a massive class and my friend needed to go home straight away at the end.
From what I can tell, the things I have been doing wrong are eating quite a few grapes, some days a whole bunch. But I thought they were superfree. Eating mugshots as a snack after school when kids get home as it's long time till dinner for me. I have had a slice of ham occasionally. I've tried pretty hard to always make my meals 1/3 superfree. From what I understand from the consultant I should not be having any free food as snacks inbetween meals?? But it's a really long way between 12.30 and 8pm when I eat my evening meal with hubby. Am I only supposed to have 3 meals per day? I did the plan successfully and lost about 3 stone but this was over 10 years ago and maybe I just can't get my head around the slightly more restrictive nature of EE?

Help please.....

Grapes ARE Superfree, just not Super Speed. It can be a little confusing. There isn't a limit to grapes. However, if you ate about 5 bunches as you say maybe that's when it does become a problem (that is a whole lot of grapes! but I'm not so sure that's the problem.

Your right about the mugshot, shouldn't be eaten just as a snack. Are u having a big enough lunch so ur not struggling too much. I eat breakfast at 8, lunch at 12 and dinner abt 7.30 so not much different from you. Lunches I do (as work from home) is stir fry veg with noodles, chips with egg and tinned tomatoes, cooked breakfast (baron, egg, 0.5 syn sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes), pasta n sauce with added broccoli. Sometimes I do an uncle bens rice time but stir fry extra veg into it.
It's harder when am in an office, examples are home made pasta sauce with pasta or chilli con carne and rice. I batch cook, freeze in portions. They have a lot of veg in and def 1/3 superfree. Sometimes I take a rice time but without the added veg it doesn't fill me up enough so eat fruit after. This isn't really on extra easy meal as super free should be part of meal and not as extra but think it better than canteen food. Haha
Other times I have mug shot and then have fruit and yoghurt after.

Dinners are always easy tho, and I try and make things to last 2 days (curry, casserole, chilli, lasagne etc) or quick foods like fish/ chicken (in foil in oven) served with lots of veg and potatoes, stir fry veg with noodles/ rice and with prawns/ chicken or beef and with a blue dragon sauce.

Hope these give u ideas to fill up at lunch so ur not too hungry.

This is the first hurdle, and one that almost everyone losing weight faces at some point. Gains are unpleasant but they do happen - your body doesn't like burning fat.

Grapes are superfree. But if you're concerned, eat less of them. Everyone is different and our bodies react differently to foods. If I have bread as a HexB too often I usually have bad weigh-ins.

My snacks are usually fruit, but are sometimes just yoghurt. We were told to try and make sure all snacks are superfree but its not the end of the world if some of them are free.

Big thanks to everybody who posted support and advice. It really has helped me put everything into focus. I love this site, you get really practical advise that you feel too much of a wally asking at class...
xxxxx

Putting on in week 2 is my usual for me! Just stick at it, you'll see it come off soon enough :)

I always gain in week 3 !

Stick with it, it does work

make sure u r drinking plenty of fluids, must say, sounds like alot of grapes!!!

Well, have pretty much stuck to the plan this week, so the big weigh in tonight. Let's see....

Back