Absolutely gutted. ! !

debbywebby1970

Silver Member
First week, weigh in, only HALF A POUND on my first week back :cry:
Talk about disappointment.
I have kept my written diary all week, and have been totally honest, yet there were women there tonight who were losing 4 and 5 lbs, and how they went out for fish and chips one day for lunch and then out for dinner the same night etc, ate what they wanted, drank alcohol....
Hardly seems fair..
Just feel so fed up....

I bet any money you like you'll have a big loss next week. Everyones body is different. Don't let it get you down. At the end of the day, they're only numbers on a machine. Its how you feel on the inside that counts xx

Don't panic. I know how you are feeling.

In my first week..........1 lb...............ON!!!!!

I gave my food diary to my consultant, and she couldn't find anything wrong. With her encouragement I stuck with it for the next week......

and lost.........5 lb!!!!

I just think that my body was in shock, and took a week to catch up with itself. Don't give up......our bodies are strange and fickle things that surprise us at the strangest of times.

Here's to another loss next week - at least you are losing!!!!

Hiya,

Honestly don't worry, my mum always says..
"You're Body Is Not A Machine" and she's totally right. I guarantee that if you keep up the good work this week you'll get a big loss next weigh in :) Your body will eventually catch up with itself. Just make sure you eat lots of free foods & all your healthy a's & b's so you're full up and your matabilism is working hard :)...Oooh and drink as much as you can, my S.W consultant says
"If you have to get out of bed for a wee then your losing weight"....

Good Luck xx

But you do feel better - right? It will come off, just carry on as you are.

The thing is hun, you've done SW before and believe it or not, when we fall off the wagon some of the SW ways stick with you. So, when you get back on that wagon the differences aren't so dramatic as if you were starting SW from a diet of eating nothing but rubbish, having full fat milk, frying everything in fat, eating fat off meat, eating thick cut slices from a fresh loaf etc etc
I bet you stayed with lower fat milk and cutting fat off bacon etc etc. Some of the things would have stayed with you.

However, as the others have said, the weight will come off. I know it's hard but try not to compare yourself to others. If you work at it then the weight will come off, and let's face it, it's never as quick as we would like!!

Good luck hun. xx

Oh I never thought about it like that actually...
even though its been about 3 months since I was on SW before, I suppose that could be the reason.?
I even started taking the dog out for walks in the evenings, which I never did before and lost over a stone in a month so i guess I was hoping for a bit more than half a pound.
But hey ho, just stay on and have another 100% week and see how I go...

I think half of what Lonestitcher says could apply and half of what Jaylou says too. We had a lady who had done as you have, and come back to class after a bit of a time away, gained 1lb in her first week.

Came back after her second week, 6lbs lighter! when your body is back in the zone, it will let you know xx

Agree with the others! 3 months off isn't that long really, and you'll still have partly been following plan, so going back to being 100% won't be the big shock to the system that it can be to other new members.

It does work - you know it does. Stick with it and eventually your body will catch up.

H x

ps: I love the 'getting up for a pee = losing weight' thing! :)

Don't be disheartened Hun! You know it will show next week. Great attitude! Oh and do your measurements! Always a good idea.

I often feel like this - how come other people can lose so much and I'm lucky to lose a pound? :rolleyes:

Its just the way our bodies work. We're all different. I have come to realise over the past 2 1/2 years that I just can't predict when I will or won't lose weight, but over a long period of time it just balances itself out and the general trend is that I lose weight and keep it off.

The main thing is that you stick with it and don't fall off the wagon when you get disheartened. This is what I have to constantly tell myself anyway! You WILL lose it!
:vibes:Sending you positive vibes! x :vibes:

Chin up Debby - I bet you will have a better loss next week when your body has adjusted - maybe you had a bit of fluid retention this week, but well done on losing, even though it wasn't a lot it is still a loss. X

My first week I lost 1 1/2 the next I lost 3lb then 4.5lbs!

Its hard but try not to let other's results get to you, every single person is totally different & will have different results. Try to focus on you, you'll get there x

Don't be disheartened, we had a lady in our group who STS the first week, she was really fed up, but then came back and lost 7lb the next week.

Aww Debbie, I know it's disheartening but I am sure you will have a great loss next week. SW always works, some people loose more and faster than others but it works.
I am a slow loser, and I was very disheartened when I rejoined SW this time. Four pounds off my first week, and I was delighted then STS the next two weeks. At the time I was gutted but the scales shifted eventually and I have been going down since. Never a great loss. I have had two of 3 1/2 pounds but mostly half or a pound, with a few STS and a couple of small gains. I no longer get upset if I STS or have a small gain as I know it will come off eventually and every small loss adds up to a big loss in the long run.
Good luck, I am sure you'll do just great!

Back