1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Puddings Accidental Lemon Meringue Pie

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Pootler, 16 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

I was going to make the syn-free lemon mousse from the puddings book today. Then I found out half way through that hubby had brought home strawberry jelly instead of gelatine. Oops. :rolleyes:

I had the lemon and egg bit done already so I McGyvered it into a lemon meringue pie. :happy036:

It makes 4 generous portions at 4 syns a portion.

I found it a bit too tart and lemony with 2 lemons - I'll use just one lemon next time, or add less of the rind. If anyone knows of other ways to improve it, please post!

4 eggs
    juice and finely grated rind of 2 small lemons
    3 weetabix, crumbled
    40 g low calorie margerine (Mine is 25 kcal per 10 g)
    sweetener - don't know the amount. Just chucked in what looked right!

1. Separate the eggs. Put the yolks in a bowl with some sweetener, and the lemon juice and rind. Put the bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir with a whisk for about 15 minutes until it looks like a wobbly custard.

2. Melt margerine. Stir in crumbled weetabix and some sweetener.

3. Spray a small oven proof dish with Fry-Light. Press the weetabix mixture into the bottom to make a base.

4. Spread the lemony custard over the base.

5. Add some more sweetener to your egg whites. Whisk until it forms soft peaks. Spread this over the custard.

6. Bung in a low oven (about 150 c) for 10-15 minutes.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.