Accountability is key!!

A big congratulations, You are truly inspirational. you must be very proud of yourself and your achievements. I don't know if I will reach my actual target weight due to loose skin on abdomen, arms and legs (rather this than the weight) and the lymphoedema in my thighs. I wear pressure garments on my lower part of my legs but the thigh pieces were like instruments of torture lol but team said i didn't need to wear them now due to the risk of ulcers at the back of my knee and the risk of cellulitis. I had two bouts back to back leaving my with umpteen ulcers so they try to avoid further bouts as it made me so poorly. But I will try my best to go as low as I can. I am enjoying the food on sw and the variety. Made sweet and sour pork this week using diet orangeade it was lovely. Hubby polished is off in record times saying how much he enjoyed it. I used lots of veg in the sauce as well to fill us up without many calories.
Thank you so much 😃, definitely the right choice if it’s better for your health you are doing brilliantly and definitely loose skin is a million miles better to an the weight. That sounds like a great meal I may well be looking at some of the sw recipes/recipes in general as I go towards reintroducing ‘normal’ foods!

Day 230
First day post goal and I have done it as a normal one on Exante as need to get myself planned with integrating healthy food vegetables and proteins back into my diet on a permanent basis.
I’m not ready to put maintainer on my profile yet but will be in a few weeks I am sure! Going to do a meal plan and plan to commence on this Sunday coming I will reduce to one product a day and keeping it healthy and relatively low carb with plenty of vegetables and protein. Bit scared but determined never to go down the path again.

Day 231
Another short week for me as I have booked tomorrow off work to get my hair done whilst they are in school! Hoping to get back into the swing of work after the bank holiday which I didn’t realise was coming up Monday either!
Good day on the plan and have done some research on healthy meals thinking protein based with veg and a small amount of carbohydrates like wild rice/ brown rice? Thankfully I like fish so salmon may become a staple! I am also enjoying the eat lean cheese which is not too bad for melting for a meal and is his in protein finding my feet but will get there I am sure!

Day 232
Managed to get my hair sorted today which is great it needed a cut trim and colour. I am currently wearing it pink but in a muted pink so no Fuschia! It’s been that colour for a few months and for the time being I love it! I always find hairdressers seem to take so long so was glad to get an early ish start on it this morning!
I am having a lo dough pizza with some heck sausages on it tonight so will see how that goes looking forward to it for sure! I can now do the lemon pancakes which I couldn’t before not sure where I was going wrong but seem to have the hang of it now!

Thank you so much 😃, definitely the right choice if it’s better for your health you are doing brilliantly and definitely loose skin is a million miles better to an the weight. That sounds like a great meal I may well be looking at some of the sw recipes/recipes in general as I go towards reintroducing ‘normal’ foods!
As much as i do not like the loose hanging skin, It is so much better than all the weight i was carrying. I am going away in a few weeks time. For the first time I am so spoilt for which tee-shirts to take with me. Before with being a size 26 tops where around 40 quid a pop so I didn't have that many. Now that I am in size 16 just about to move to size 14 my price of tops etc have gone down considerably so able to buy quite a few different tops. I have tried to be braver and go for colours I would not normally pick.

Food optimizing as it is called on sw. Encourages you for each meal to put a minimum of a 1/3 of speed (veg, nearly all veg is speed). I normally put half my plate. Then one 1/4 for protein and the other 1/4 for the carbohydrate. This has severed me well so far. I have for the majority of time lost 1 to 2 pound per week. There are some lovely meals on SW that you can make. Making teriyaki chicken today with noodles and stir fry seasoned with Chinese five spice. I will have to syn the teriyaki sauce due to the honey. Syns are for the higher calorific food items. I am allow 15 of these a day. I usually save my syns for a few treats per day. Like a bag of crisps or a bliss bar for example.

Day 233
Good day today although my youngest is fast heading towards the 3’s and I certainly know about it 🤣 ‘I don’t want it’ ‘no’ and the opposite of what they say is the way ahead! It’s funny I forgot this stage with my eldest but didn’t because when you get to each stage from
Newborn to now it’s like oh yes I remember but my brain has stored it away! He is very funny though and really finding his voice!
Good day today I am continuing on plan but tomorrow am going to have a salmon and vegetable tea and have bought a meal planner diary so I can plan ahead what I eat and see it on paper!

Day 234/235
Missed yesterday which was due to a bit of travelling abouts but have had a good few days but of a trial weigh tomorrow as first post goal so wondering if it will be up or hopefully the same. We shall see tomorrow I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

Reactions: Emi
Day 236
I am pleased to say I have stayed the same this week which is great! Really pleased but know I need to try and get a bit more towards maintenance and less products but it’s scary!! Had a word with myself today and have decided I am doing one more week of plan as usual then the week after drop to 2 products with calories upped and so on the week after. It’s scary but I can do it no going back!

Day 237
I hope everyone has had a nice bank holiday whatever they were doing or if working (I come from a family of nurses so know the standard holidays don’t apply not a nurse myself though)
Good day on plan and a look out to the park with my two I am gradually getting together recipes and methods I think I can use to keep the maintenance going strong and do feel the main bit isn’t just what you eat it’s in your head as well. I have to be clear and determined that I will never go back to it so will work on that as well as looking for things I can eat for maintenance as it’s half the battle as well!

Day 237
I hope everyone has had a nice bank holiday whatever they were doing or if working (I come from a family of nurses so know the standard holidays don’t apply not a nurse myself though)
Good day on plan and a look out to the park with my two I am gradually getting together recipes and methods I think I can use to keep the maintenance going strong and do feel the main bit isn’t just what you eat it’s in your head as well. I have to be clear and determined that I will never go back to it so will work on that as well as looking for things I can eat for maintenance as it’s half the battle as well!
Like you my family is one of nurses. I use to be a forensic psychiatric nurse and my sister health care of the elderly until we both had to retire under health grounds. My sisters 4 girls are all nurses in different fields. One with children, two with dementia patients and the youngest adults with learning difficulties. Maintaining is just as difficult as losing weight. I lost eight stone about 10 years ago and then put it back on as I spiralled out of control. I am determined not to make the same mistakes in this phase of my weight loss journey. I don't want to be back to the beginning of my journey living in one room with legs like tree trunks leaking puddles every where I went.

Like you my family is one of nurses. I use to be a forensic psychiatric nurse and my sister health care of the elderly until we both had to retire under health grounds. My sisters 4 girls are all nurses in different fields. One with children, two with dementia patients and the youngest adults with learning difficulties. Maintaining is just as difficult as losing weight. I lost eight stone about 10 years ago and then put it back on as I spiralled out of control. I am determined not to make the same mistakes in this phase of my weight loss journey. I don't want to be back to the beginning of my journey living in one room with legs like tree trunks leaking puddles every where I went.
it’s so interesting how h the nursing profession does tend to attract families isn’t it! So many of my family my other included are nurses but I knew it wasn’t for me but it is such an amazing profession and I don’t feel they get the credit they deserve!
I think you will have the knowledge of past experience from when you regained before and will not allow it to happen again and know it’s not an option you want to revisit you have done amazing. It is so scary though isn’t it!? so determined to keep my eye on myself.

Day 238/239
I didn’t manage to log in Yesterday as had to book in to go to the office today and it was a bit busy on with her organised!
I decided to take the train into work which was great for getting back but this morning was late and ended up packed in a train and running late which sort of does make you think my time is better spent at home working without this palaver! I do like seeing people though.
I have had a good few days on plan and my food diary has now arrived so going to start planning my meals this weekend so I am accountable on paper!!

Day 240
Good day today as it’s felt very spring like! Hopefully we will get some consistent warm weather to go Into the summer!
Good day on plan although I had too much water early on after dropping my eldest at school so had to stay at home so I wasn’t caught short so need to pace it through the day rather than have lots of water at once 🤣! Getting through the pizza meal replacements I have which is good as I did slightly over order too many!

Day 238/239
I didn’t manage to log in Yesterday as had to book in to go to the office today and it was a bit busy on with her organised!
I decided to take the train into work which was great for getting back but this morning was late and ended up packed in a train and running late which sort of does make you think my time is better spent at home working without this palaver! I do like seeing people though.
I have had a good few days on plan and my food diary has now arrived so going to start planning my meals this weekend so I am accountable on paper!!
I keep a food diary and have done for 18 months this help keep my accountable but more mindful of what i am eating. It has now become second nature to fill this food diary out.

Day 241
Happy Friday everyone I hope a nice weekend ahead is planned for all! I have had a nice day and my youngest has had a playing a plenty and they are off on a day out Sunday. Tomorrow I am doing a cull of some of the toys as they are slowly infringing on the house mainly the living room and whilst stored tidily it’s starting to resemble their playroom so need to sort it!
Good day on plan and the past few days have upped my activity levels somewhat which is good as going to go to the gym next week a few times! Have a lovely weekend all!

Day 242
Weigh in eve and hoping for a maintain I have upped my calories a bit this week so ridiculously feel a bit nervous about tomorrow which is silly. I am planning on going to 2 meal replacements starting Monday so we shall see what tomorrow brings! Lots of housework organising done today which was good (but also a bit like how can two little people under the age of 6 accrue so much stuff🤣)

I understand your nervousness as you transition into the maintenance phase of your weight loss journey. As you up the calories to stay at the weight you are as you. For the best part of the year it has all been about lowering the calorie intake.

Back