Actifry advice

Juliewoo

Hi,

I have done a search & seen quite a few of you have bought them a while ago.

I've a few questions.....

Do you still use it?
Do you use it for other things other than chips?
Can you make things in sauce with it? ie cook chichen then add a tin of toms & some veggies etc.
Is it worth the money?

I'm thinking of getting one, but don't want to waste the money if it's a one hit wonder.

Thank-you

xxxxxx

We have had ours for a while now, and we still use it loads, even if it's just for the lush chips, specially sweet potato chips. Yummy, we haven't tried much else. But might now :) xx

I've just thought, could you cut potatoes, carrots parsnips etc really thinly (with a mandolin?) and ust the actifry to make root veg crisps. Would it work just spraying with frylight so they would be syn free??

xxxxx

I've just thought, could you cut potatoes, carrots parsnips etc really thinly (with a mandolin?) and ust the actifry to make root veg crisps. Would it work just spraying with frylight so they would be syn free??

xxxxx

Yes, you spray them with fry light rather than putting the spoon of oil in and they are syn free. AND gorgeous might I add!!! :D

My parents got got one about two months ago and I use it about 5 times a week to make syn free chips - they are gorgeous when made in there and are so easy - no microwaving/boiling before putting them in the oven. You just chop, spray and leave =D

I've just been looking on the net for the cheapest place to buy one & I came across reviews, saying they catch on fire :confused::confused: has anyone has this happen :cry:

xxxxxx

I've just been looking on the net for the cheapest place to buy one & I came across reviews, saying they catch on fire :confused::confused: has anyone has this happen :cry:

xxxxxx

Ours blew up but didn't catch on fire, apparently they are fire proof so no worries there lol.

All I can say is, it is probably one of the best investments we have purchased in our slimming world journey. We use it practically every day.

We bought ours months ago from COSTCO. They were bt £50 cheaper han the other places. I have only cooked chips in it, sprayed with FRYLIGHT, so synfree. Use it bt once a week.

I'm probably in the minority here but I think it's a bit gimmicky. For every gadget invented, you probably already have a more versatile alternative in your kitchen. I wouldn't buy an actifry because there's nothing I can cook in it that I can't cook in my oven! I just think what's the point? With SW chips I never parboil or microwave first, just cut the potatoes, spray and bake. Comes out fabulous everytime!
I do have to say that I hate clutter, and gadgets in general don't get me excited :D

Last edited:
what are they?

Actifry It's a low fat chip pan basically. I use mine almost daily and especially on Sundays when I do roast carrots, potatoes, parsnip and suede with my Sunday roast. I'd be lost without it now. I could never get my SW chips to cook right in the oven, but in here, delicious.

I always forget about this and then someone starts a thread and I remember it again but I'm too cheap to buy one! Maybe a friend will club in with me for it and we can share joint custody and each have it for alternate months! LOL

Back