Actifry, Airfryer or Halogen oven?

Has anyone used one or more of these gadgets? Wondering whether to fork out or go for the cheaper option of the halogen oven. Do they give the same results? (we are thinking mainly of syn free chips, but other stuff as well). Which is the healthiest? X

I have an actifry which I use mostly for chips and I also have a hologen oven which I cook everything else in, I don't think there's anything I haven't cooked in it, so much so, since we got it 12 months ago I haven't used my double oven in the kitchen since!

I don't like the idea of the oven... Looking like tanning a chicken under a sun bed :/ I am planning on buying a air fryer those or a acti fry
Just not sure which! :/

Does an air fryer get the syn free chips crispy though? Thats the only thing swaying me towards actifry as i know that makes crispy chips!?

I'm in this quandry too - halogen oven or actifry. Is the airfryer the same .... what make ?

Love our halogen I do jacket pots, chips & cheesy chips, bacon, meats and use to heat leftovers.Love it I have the big one off Ideal World it has a hinged lid, some of the cheaper ones you have to lift the lid off they are hot and heavy.

Ohhh just seen this, I have been really tempted to get a Halogen oven for some time so seeing these positive comments is brilliant, do any of you who have one find them easy to use? I really want one as it sounds like you can cook stuff in much shorter times than a regular over and as we have an electric oven anything I can do to reduce the electricity bill is a bonus in my eyes :)

I have had the Breville version and for the last year, I wouldn't be with out it! the SW chips are amazing. Go for it! :)

I have tefal actifry and couldn't be without it for Sw chips. No boiling no flipping etc...

My mum bought me a halogen oven two weeks ago and I am loving it. Used it most days, last night did pork chops and Sw wedges - I bought accessories off amazon - extender ring and two trays so can cook two different things at same time on different levels - was lovely. Also very easy to clean. My friend talked me out of actifry as wanted one as she says Sw chips take so long to cook in it but I don't know. My halogen isn't hinged lid and its heavy but I am now used to it but would get a hinged one if anything happened to this one as my family are happy with meals from it. Good luck xx

My mum bought me a halogen oven two weeks ago and I am loving it. Used it most days, last night did pork chops and Sw wedges - I bought accessories off amazon - extender ring and two trays so can cook two different things at same time on different levels - was lovely. Also very easy to clean. My friend talked me out of actifry as wanted one as she says Sw chips take so long to cook in it but I don't know. My halogen isn't hinged lid and its heavy but I am now used to it but would get a hinged one if anything happened to this one as my family are happy with meals from it. Good luck xx

If you don't mind me asking what brand/make is it?

There are so many choices its hard to know which is best x

If you don't mind me asking what brand/make is it?

There are so many choices its hard to know which is best x

It is a prolectrix she got it from the factory shop (I think) for £30.00, I've been to show her how to use hers today, I got her to practice putting the lid on and off as it is quite awkward but I am ok with mine now and think she will be too and I think she will use it lots. For a cheap one to start with I know I will upgrade to a hinged one if/when this goes wrong. I do think the extender ring and 2 trays were worth buying off amazon, ideal world/JML sometimes do good deals on hinged one with accessories. Hope whatever you choose you are happy - feel free to ask other questions will help if I can. Xx

Thanks Jo :)

I was looking on Amazon and think I have found one I like and its seems to come with lots of accessories for £30 too. The only thing that confused me was the extender ring but I am sure it will become clear when it arrives and I can't wait to order it and start to use it x

Thanks Jo :)

I was looking on Amazon and think I have found one I like and its seems to come with lots of accessories for £30 too. The only thing that confused me was the extender ring but I am sure it will become clear when it arrives and I can't wait to order it and start to use it x

That sounds good, if it comes with the extender ring it will fit, it makes the oven taller so you can put more in, tonight we are having chicken breasts (bottom layer - jacket potatoes on top layer - did jkts in microwave first to start off) veggies on hob. I am excited for you. Xxx

That sounds good, if it comes with the extender ring it will fit, it makes the oven taller so you can put more in, tonight we are having chicken breasts (bottom layer - jacket potatoes on top layer - did jkts in microwave first to start off) veggies on hob. I am excited for you. Xxx

Also meant to say mine is a 12 litre, extender makes it a 17 litre. Xx

I did it, I ordered one and it should arrive before Easter so excited :)

I can't wait and thank you so much Jo for helping me see how much you can do with it and how easy it will be x

Back