actifry chips

I've had mine for over a year and not had any problems. I love it and it was def money well spent. I used my crinkle cutter last night and made crinkle cut chips they were delish. I think they taste nice with frylight but if i havent had my HEB i love to use oil as they taste gorgeous. I sprinkle spices on every now and then, paprika, cajun, garlic salt etc.

I've only done chips and roast potatoes so far in mine - both lovely. Haven't yet tried them with frylight but will test them out over the weekend. I saw on ideal world they suggest putting a blob of marmite in when you start cooking so need to try that idea out too!!

Has anyone done anything other than chips or potato based products yet?

I have had an Actifry for months and use it regularly. Only ever made chips in it due to lack of time but one day I will take out the book and try sumthing different. I use FRYLIGHT or similar, which makes the `chips` synfree. They do not taste nor have the crispness of real chips but they are a good alternative......and synfree!

Does anyone know if you can get a extra virgin olive oil in a spray can? im not good at drizzling oil and always use too much

Does anyone know if you can get a extra virgin olive oil in a spray can? im not good at drizzling oil and always use too much
In my opinion (and it is only my opinion). I have used spray light, Sunflower Oil, and extra virgin olive oil.

Please remember HEX B must be extra virgin olive oil and not just olive oil or other oils (you must therefore syn them).

A I say, I have tried spray light and although in the Actifry they are better than the par-poil, hot oven, turn over at half way SW chips, they are best cooked in extra virgin olive oil. - real oil and NOT spray (though spray can be used if not wanting to use HEXB)

Another tip - and I hate to labour this point, but it is important. Use Piper Maris potatoes for best results and critically ensure all chips are washed thoroughly to remove starch, and dried thoroughly with tea towel and then kitchen towel.

The little spoon included drizzles the oil for you, but don't worry as the Actify moves and rotates the chips /food and evenly distributes the food to the oil - almost like magic.

Try quartering potatoes the same oil for excellent roasties too:)

Sorry for the long post, but the above way is the only way to get crisp outsides and fluffy insides. Yes it does make a difference using other spuds than Maris Piper and if the chips are not perfectly dry.

Steve

Back