actifry chips

Becca1993

I've just brought an actifry. Anyone else got one and cooked chips with them? If so how did you do it and did you syn it?

From what I read earlier (sorry can't remember who posted it), if you use frylite then they are still free, if you make your own chips. I haven't got mine yet, but it's ordered :)

Hey! where did u get the actifry from? is it only mackro? U must let us know how the chips tasted!

We use our Actifry every day, bought it from Argos. The first one blew up but so far (touch wood) the second one has been ok.

We don't use Frylight with ours as we find it clogs everything up and takes ages to clean. We use the smallest drop of oil and syns are negligible.

Just peel your spuds, chop them into chip size and chuck them in the actifry with a drizzle of oil/frylight, it really is as simple as that.

I have used Frylight with no problems at all. But it is a very good idea to follow the instructions in the book and rinse and dry the potatoes very well after they have been cut up. It really makes a difference.

I have also cooked a vegetable mixture of butternut squash, aubergines and peppers tonight, with some grated ginger. It was really lovely.

I would say yes, it's worth the money. Mine gets used every day almost. It really depends on the thickness of the chips, but mine noramlly take about 25 minutes.

Mine has FINALLY been ordered and is enroute according to the tracker which I am following constantly - hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow - got in King Edward potatoes ready as read these are good for chips etc.....

I started a thread elsewhere as I just got mine at the weekend. it does a lot more than just chips/fries. They are available from Argos and a 3 year warranty is available for £24.99 - they may be available cheaper elsewhere but most people have an Argos nearby;)

I found no problem using fry light with mine as it is a breeze to clean - I've also used oil, and will next use extra virgin olive oil to see if that's as good.

Oh and if anyone is interested, you can also cook frozen chips (the ones for frying as opposed to oven chips) without even adding any oil whatsoever. (not sure why you would want to lol).

The Actifry comes with a 30 page recipe book but cooks meats, vegeatables and even fruit as well as chips, roasties and wedges.

It is by no means cheap, but what price your health?

Mine came today and ...... WOW !!!!!! My whole family LOVE these chips - so much so I have now run outta potatoes - LOL !!!! We have done 2 batches of normal chips one using desiree and one using king edwards. We did the rinsing/drying stage before each batch and used frylight instead of oil - SOOOOO easy to clean and from the heat generated from the machine when cooking we shouldn't need the rads on so early (LOL) - not that hot really just a warm breeze-ish... :)
Getting more potatoes tomorrow - might try cubing them tomorrow to accompany dinner rather than chips again..... SOOOOO pleased I finally bought one!

Mine came today and ...... WOW !!!!!! My whole family LOVE these chips - so much so I have now run outta potatoes - LOL !!!! We have done 2 batches of normal chips one using desiree and one using king edwards. We did the rinsing/drying stage before each batch and used frylight instead of oil - SOOOOO easy to clean and from the heat generated from the machine when cooking we shouldn't need the rads on so early (LOL) - not that hot really just a warm breeze-ish... :)
Getting more potatoes tomorrow - might try cubing them tomorrow to accompany dinner rather than chips again..... SOOOOO pleased I finally bought one!
Lol - brilliant:D

But don't forget to try other things;) I can't wait to try them using extra virgin olive oil as a heathy B.

I think we need a separate forum for Actifry recipes - though I'm sure there's probably one out there somewhere!

TEFAL ACTIFRY

Just got mine, sitting on the table top looking like a space ship. Read all the reviews and wish I had read them earlier, so much going wrong with them. I hope that all the problems they were having 2 years ago have now been sorted.

Got 2 big bags of King Edward potatoes and went on You tube and it showed you step by step how to make the chips for it.

I use extra virgin olive oil as an healthy extra, bought courgettes, parsnips and peppers for some roasted vegetables.

Can't wait to get started, will wait while hubby goes out in case it blows up and I get a 'told you so' for spending so much money on it after the reviews were so terrible.

Will make some bolognese sauce in it as it look very easy to do.

Last edited:
Oooh....i've been wondering about these. I think I'll have to stick one on my wedding list! Nom nom.

We love ours!!! Been used more or less daily since being bought and will be being used again today :)

Last week tried doing the kids and Deans usual oven chips in them without adding oil - they went a lot better than in the oven but the kids now say they prefer my home-made 'REAL' potato ones - RESULT!

They weren't keen on the cubed version I did - I thought it tasted the same - I think they expected a chip to look like a chip and taste like a chip - kids!! Going to try stuff from recipe booklet soon - just enjoying the chips at the mo LOL :)

Hi - you have all inspired me and I have now ordered one! LOL its getting delivered tomorrow!

£169 from littlewoods - not cheap but I had £30 reward so it was £139 and I can pay for it weekly interest free so it suits

cant wait for it to come! LOL

Back