Acts of kindness

Amelie24

Just wanted to see what kind/positive things other people have done for you this week? or you have done for someone else?

xx

aw that's lovely :)

I'm spending my evening writing a pub style quiz for work, for a night out on Thursday. Original plans have had to be revised due to the weather so pub quiz it is instead.

So I have been nice and said I will write it (as others involved were having a headless chicken stress moment about it all) so there goes my evening!

Is it wrong to take a bottle of wine to bed with you and write a quiz from there?! hehehe... yes, I have armed myself with a bottle fo wine for the task ahead!

Thankfully my ex used to run weekly pub quizes at one point so I have a general feel for good questions, etc, so that helps a little... the one positive thing I did walk away with from the 4 years we were together!

So that's my good deed of the day - spending my free time yet again doing stuff for a work social night out! For some of the previous events I've ended up putting music cds together for background music, a soundtrack together for a James Bond-esq murder mystery (and also acted in it with less than 24 hours notice!), so I guess it's more par for the course now than a good deed!

I'm spending my evening writing a pub style quiz for work, for a night out on Thursday. Original plans have had to be revised due to the weather so pub quiz it is instead.

So I have been nice and said I will write it (as others involved were having a headless chicken stress moment about it all) so there goes my evening!

Is it wrong to take a bottle of wine to bed with you and write a quiz from there?! hehehe... yes, I have armed myself with a bottle fo wine for the task ahead!

Erm no:rolleyes:

Yesterday I had a really sh1t day at work, I came home & told OH all about it, bless he just listened, even though he hasn't a clue what I do & had no idea what I was talking about. He then sat with me whilst we tried to sort out our September long weekend, I wanted to go to Petra, but OH can't get the extra day off work he needs, so we both sat there just looking at where we could go, he was calm & helpful. We decided on Slovakia, but had to wait until today to see if he could get the Tuesday off work.

When I got home from work today, tea was ready & he said after tea we'll book our flights & then go for a drink. How sweet, he is such a love sometimes.:D

My husband is the only 1 of us working at the mo but he still makes me a lovely cup of tea every evening and gets my cereal bowl and spoon out for breakfast, he is a little love:D

Yesterday, my lovely Sis in Law brought me a Bunch of Flowers, because I'd posted on FB Saturday that I felt sad!

Kittykat, that's really sweet of you! maybe wine that you drink when you're being helpful counts as superfree... probably not!

Happyholidays- he sounds lovely, hope you have a great holiday planned!

Peggypig- that's really considerate of him!

& Shirleen, I'd love someone to do that for me! what kind of flowers were they?

My dad made a nice sauce and homemade chips tonight which was nice and my younger brother recorded my favourite programme.

xx

Amelie24 said:
Kittykat, that's really sweet of you! maybe wine that you drink when you're being helpful counts as superfree... probably not!

Happyholidays- he sounds lovely, hope you have a great holiday planned!

Peggypig- that's really considerate of him!

& Shirleen, I'd love someone to do that for me! what kind of flowers were they?

My dad made a nice sauce and homemade chips tonight which was nice and my younger brother recorded my favourite programme.

xx

Roses, lovely orange ones! :)

I'm driving my OH to pick up a new (to him) car today, something I do every couple of months because he just loves changing cars. Sometimes it's literally once a month!

It's my 21st Birthday on Sunday, and last week at group I mentioned that my birthday was coming up. Last night, one of my fellow members came over and handed me a birthday card! How lovely that she had remembered and gone out of her way to get me a card! Just another reason I love Slimming World - all of the lovely new friends you make! :)

Princess_Stevie said:
It's my 21st Birthday on Sunday, and last week at group I mentioned that my birthday was coming up. Last night, one of my fellow members came over and handed me a birthday card! How lovely that she had remembered and gone out of her way to get me a card! Just another reason I love Slimming World - all of the lovely new friends you make! :)

That's really lovely :) and happy birthday!

I used to work in lush we could do one random act of kindness a day (give them a free product) I loved it, it always left me with such a lovely feeling! It's my birthday... So hubby has made me tea and been a sweetheart today :)

Happy Birthday Ali! hope you have a lovely day! xxx

Thank you... Best present today was exchanging on my house, 3 weeks til completion! Eek :) xx

The other day I had to chair a meeting - first time as new chairman. I was nervous because some of the committee are a bit difficult to deal with. Just before the meeting started, one of the members walked behind my seat to get to hers, and just put her hand on my shoulder for a moment. She didn't say anything, didn't really need to, it was just a little gesture of support and it really helped.

Back