Add a meal confusion

Determined2011

Hey lovelies!
I have just completed my 3rd week on ss/ss+ and moved on to two weeks of 'add a meal' to kick start my metabolism. The amount of food the booklet says I can have in these green and white meals seems a bit much. For instance, it says 260 gms of drained tuna....that's two tins....seems a bit much. Im just worried I'll come out of ketosis or gain weight. Could someone please tell me that I am measuring correctly and two 130 gm tins is the correct amount I can have a day?:confused:

The foods recommended in the booklet are all little to no carbs so don't worry about the weights given, just stick to them and you will remain in ketosis and still lose weight, guaranteed.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

yep 2 tins of tuna is right , and the cottage cheese allowance is large too !! The amounts are very carefully calculated and are very low carbs so most people stay in ketosis and the meal still only adds up to about 350 calories taking you to 810 .. which is still very low calorie so you wont gain any weight :)

Thanks girls! I was feeling guilty about eating a heaped plate of tuna salad! I'll stick to the recommended food....lets see how it goes!

Hey girls hope u all well. U know u all know bout these food lists etc for ss+ 810 and 1000 were do u get info from and do u go from ss up the list or can u jump up a few? Cheers x

Hey girls hope u all well. U know u all know bout these food lists etc for ss+ 810 and 1000 were do u get info from and do u go from ss up the list or can u jump up a few? Cheers x

Hi hun! I'm sorry I don't know if you can go up a few levels all at once.....but I got the step2 booklet from my CDC:)

Yes, you should be able to get the booklet from your CWPC with all the details in. I think some (but definitely not all) CWPCs charge a small fee for it - mine didn't.

The details of the food amounts for SS+ and 810 are here:http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-faq-general-information/160617-ss-additions.html

and here:http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...n/142380-810-options-updated-21-3-2010-a.html

Best not to swap about with the plan you're on without consulting your CWPC first though.

Hope this helps

The guide lines for 810 are 3 tablespoons of the salad/veg option - which is between 1/3 and 1/2 of my dessert plate - its not that much compared with what i felt were the quite large portions of protein (still plenty all together though).

The guide lines for 810 are 3 tablespoons of the salad/veg option - which is between 1/3 and 1/2 of my dessert plate - its not that much compared with what i felt were the quite large portions of protein (still plenty all together though).

Thanks for the info! I guess I've been having too much of the 'green' for the last 2 days. Hope it hasnt thrown me out of ketosis and I still lose weight!

I'm sure you will be fine - the veggie are more limited than the protein because they naturally contain carbs. I ate well and still managed to lose 3lbs on my AAM week - and was convinced I wouldn't lose anything. Quite looking forward to my next AAM week now!

I'm sure you will be fine - the veggie are more limited than the protein because they naturally contain carbs. I ate well and still managed to lose 3lbs on my AAM week - and was convinced I wouldn't lose anything. Quite looking forward to my next AAM week now!

I hope I manage to lose 3 lbs this week too! *fingers crossed*

what day is your weigh in? (I'm hoping for 3 this week too - tuesday although still on SS, but losses slowing down as don't have too far to go to goal now...eeek!

Back