Add a meal week

MKB18

Hi...Just a question... I am on sole source but eat once a week and was wondering If i still need to do Add a meal week after 4 weeks?

I dont think you would have to as I was eating but does anybody know?

Thanks

xxx:):confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Good Q! & I can answer it 'cos I discussed it with Head Office not so long ago.

My thinking went like this.
1) we all know that AAMw is 1:4. & that it is there for good reason, & it is principally for 're-learning' purposes rather than nutritional.

2) We know that to miss it out requires some discussion with Gp

3) pragmatically many people move their AAM about a bit to fit in with family or social activities.No problem there. Learing about portion control & sensible choices within the social context is as important if not more so than doing it at home. It's often more difficult to stick to the rules when we let our hair down.

4) So what of someone who wants to do AAM ,say, evey Saturday? This was when I reached for the phone. Head office have no objections to this. If you did it just every sat then the ratio would be 1:6 = a little too infrequent for perfection. By adding alternate fridays ( or sundays,or any other day) the ratio comes down to just under 1:4. to my mind you then have the weight loss,the learning, the approval of head office, the rhythm & the ability to join the normal world for a mini-meal all at the same time.

what other diet could offer you all this & have choc orange shakes as well!

hope this has helped

Erm well the idea is to keep the ratio of days with the add-a-meal mead in to about 1 in 5. So a mix of once a week & twice a week would do it. but best discuss it with your CDC

Back