add a meal week ???

Lin18

Silver Member
Hi

Just wondering why we have to add a 200 cal meal after 12 weeks, not quite there yet but thinking ahead, kind of dont want to, feeling very cumfy without food and healthy so would it harm to carry on without.

You're right, it's the 810 plan after 12 weeks. There's no AAM anymore, that's been discontinued. Just 810 on week 13.

Hi

Just wondering why we have to add a 200 cal meal after 12 weeks, not quite there yet but thinking ahead, kind of dont want to, feeling very cumfy without food and healthy so would it harm to carry on without.

There's a few reasons why we have it. I think the main one is to follow the N.I.C.E Guidelines that state you can't do a VLCD for more than 12 weeks at a time.

But it's more than that. Psychologically it's brill. In fact, 12 weeks can be a little long to go without 'solid..real' food and people often start getting nervous about eating again. It causes a lot of problems with some.

It can give your body a little boost metabolically, so that's good.

I really feel that it's important to use that week and learn from it so that when you get close to goal, food wont be such a terrifying prospect.

You're right, it's the 810 plan after 12 weeks. There's no AAM anymore, that's been discontinued. Just 810 on week 13.

There's a few reasons why we have it. I think the main one is to follow the N.I.C.E Guidelines that state you can't do a VLCD for more than 12 weeks at a time.

But it's more than that. Psychologically it's brill. In fact, 12 weeks can be a little long to go without 'solid..real' food and people often start getting nervous about eating again. It causes a lot of problems with some.

It can give your body a little boost metabolically, so that's good.

I really feel that it's important to use that week and learn from it so that when you get close to goal, food wont be such a terrifying prospect.

My cdc says he wants me to AAM on week 5 but I don't want to, for me it's too early and I think I would just want to keep eating and not stop lol! I would prefer to go the 12wks and then do it but he says no it's week 5.

My cdc says he wants me to AAM on week 5 but I don't want to, for me it's too early and I think I would just want to keep eating and not stop lol! I would prefer to go the 12wks and then do it but he says no it's week 5.

Officially it's week 13, but I'm sure some CDCs prefer week 5 for psychological reasons. Having said that, I do feel that week 5 could be a little early for those who are zooming along on SS without a problem and think it's probably better suited for those getting closer to goal.

Mind you, the closer people get to goal, the more determined they can be at trying SS, even though they often have slips during that period.

Yeah it's starnge, I think I will say to him again that I would prefer to wait longer than week 5 and see if we can come to a compromise somewhere between weeks 5 and 12 .

mine is in two weeks and i will stick to the amounts but i am off out for a couple of meals that week and will choose the healthy options but i think it's what i need to boost my metabolism. im quite looking forward to it!!

oh! Just posted my own thread about add a meal week.... but now just found this!! So confusing! So there's no such thing as AAM anymore??

On 810 do we have to the milk?? My CDC says i can do it without it but im worried cos it says in the book i should have it???

Thanks

oh! Just posted my own thread about add a meal week.... but now just found this!! So confusing! So there's no such thing as AAM anymore??

Well, it's not called AAM and the term is confusing as some people referred SS+ to AAM and others thought it meant 810.

Back when I was on the diet, there was no SS+. There was an AAM (which was 790) on every 5th week. Then a couple of years ago, 790 (AAM) disappeared and was replaced by SS+ and 810, which is much better in my opinion.

On 810 do we have to the milk?? My CDC says i can do it without it but im worried cos it says in the book i should have it??? Thanks

If it's your 13th week, you must either have the milk, or the yoghurt option that you can have if for some reason you don't want, or can't have milk.

I guess it doesn't matter too much if you are just doing 810 because you want bigger portion sizes, but for the 13th week you need at least 800 calories. Dropping the milk would mean you were still on a VLCD, which isn't allowed if you have done 12 weeks on either SS or SS+

I have the old book and my cdc is chargeing £10 for the new books. IS there anywhere on here that tells you what you can eat on that 13th week? I am a long way off but i really dont want to pay £10 for the books when everone else seems to get them for free?
x

Back