addicted to cookery programs!

pinkiepie

I was reading the sniffing thread, which i have to agree i love doing now, i have to sniff everything tht is cooked in the house, i love it! But i also have another strange addiction now, i love watching cookery programs, masterchef, Fword, jamie at home, daily cooks, saturday kitchen, ready steady cook - i just cant get enough of them. My fella thinks it must be torture but i love it, all the gorgeous fresh ingedients i cant wait to cook real meals not just bung somethin in the microwave or order something to be delivered. Is it just me or does anyone else???

lol hun, I know what you mean!! I walk home from work and as I walk past all the houses I sniff the smell of dinner cooking wafting out of the house. I then imagine what the smell is and what they are having for their dinner!!

I have always been into cookery programmes for the first few days on this I avoided them like mad but now im back into them again. Keep looking at all these lovely fresh vegetables and thinking oooooooo i can make this when im eating again oooooo i can eat that. I have hundreds of cook books but I never used them because bunging a pizza in the oven was easier but I cant wait to get into them now!

i was reading the sniffing thread, which i have to agree i love doing now, i have to sniff everything tht is cooked in the house, i love it! But i also have another strange addiction now, i love watching cookery programs, masterchef, fword, jamie at home, daily cooks, saturday kitchen, ready steady cook - i just cant get enough of them. My fella thinks it must be torture but i love it, all the gorgeous fresh ingedients i cant wait to cook real meals not just bung somethin in the microwave or order something to be delivered. Is it just me or does anyone else???

omg i thought i was the only one lol, every since i started cd i cant stop cooking and baking and im the same, i dont just put things in the microwave i make everything from scrath my partner and daighter r loving it lol, im watching cooking things on tv also and ive bought a couple of cook books! Ive found that been around and 'sniffing' the food helps me lol. Whoo hoo im not alone :)

Yep, me too, I also bought a couple of cookbooks - can't wait to try out the recipes.

x

Its great, its like your whole outlook on food changes, i know tht when i go back to eating i will really enjoy making the foods and put a lot more thought & effort into what i put into my body. I'm really hating all the nasty, greasy prosessed food.

i am the same, it is strange what this diet does to you mentally lol but it is a change for the best that's for sure, it makes u look at food in a different light and certainly think about the healthier lifestyle that we are going to be living afterwards, i have also purchased a couple of healthy.low fat cook books and i am looking forward to using them afterwards and uktv food is always on in my house lol its something i would never of watched before but i think some of the programmes are great and full of great ideas. just a bit scared about eating again now,my stomach hurts after a few sips of water...

Am with you there.. although the sight of Gordom Ramsey stripping off in the opening titles of the F word does it for me even more!!

OMG that was awful watching that last night, had to pull my jumper over my head

no, I LOVE watching them and also i love love love home cooking! I do it every night and always try and make new receipes for my boys xxx Will be nice when i can try them...they are all healthy as i don't believe in carrying on feeding your kids crap, when i have eaten that crap and ended up on such an extreme diet.. if you train them young you are giving them a better start in life xx

I totally agee with you, i dont want my children having the same problems & insecurities i have & the only people they are gonna learn from is us. Isnt it strange though tht you have limitations for your children, like only 1 jaffa cake, because having more isnt good for them & you care about them. Yet you dont have the same care for yourself when you were eating the rest of the packet!:party0051:

I totally agee with you, i dont want my children having the same problems & insecurities i have & the only people they are gonna learn from is us. Isnt it strange though tht you have limitations for your children, like only 1 jaffa cake, because having more isnt good for them & you care about them. Yet you dont have the same care for yourself when you were eating the rest of the packet!:party0051:

So true hun

Yup.. i would give them one and then eat the whole packet!!! WTF!!

Don't really watch a lot of TV any more but I have got this game on my computer 'Cooking Academy' and I'm completely addicted to it! You make all of these meals and it all looks good even though it's completely cartoonified! Lol :) Also, doesn't really feel like torture, it's just nice to be around food if only sort-of! :)

At least you can't eat it RB xx

It's weird I can't stop watching all these prorammes too, anyway given me loads of ideas when I start ating again.

Start weight 18.00st
week1 8lb's lost
week2 5lb's lost
week3 6lb's lost
week4 4lb's lost
week5 5lb's lost
week6 6lb's lost
week7 5lb's lost
week8 3lb's lost (3 stones lost:):))
week9 5lb's lost (stopped smoking after 10yrs:):))
week10 3lb's lost
week11 4lb's lost
week12 4lb's lost

Back