Green Days addicted to rice

MommyNOriana

I do green mostly and I can't stop eating rice! Put on weight this week so I need to stop! Does anyone else have a food they love so much they had to cut out?!

I'm going to try lentils and cut out the rice almost completely. It is the ultimate comfort food for me. I could eat it all day. I'm in need of balance!

I'd suggest upping the amount of veggies you're eating so you don't feel the need for so much rice. You don't need to cut it out completely. With SW you don't need to give up the things you like.

Denise

I've had to try and cut back on pasta and rice, was completely addicted. I try and just have one rice dish a week and one pasta dish a week now!

You could also try switching to brown rice? It's high in fibre (I think!) so loads better for you :)

Rice is a free food, surely just by eating rice you won't put weight on?
Yes, switch to brown rice but I don't see why you should cut it out. Maybe measure out a 75g dried weight portion before you cook it. I always weigh rice and pasta, purely because I will cook a mountain of it if I don't!
Up the superfree foods too but I really go against cutting out free foods.

I do eat brown rice. Don't mind it one bit but I do need to expand my horizons! Going to the store today to do just that. I feel like I've gotten off track

Sw chips for me...those lil things are tasty! :D

I do eat brown rice. Don't mind it one bit but I do need to expand my horizons! Going to the store today to do just that. I feel like I've gotten off track

there are so many other types of grains you can use as a side dish, if you want variety.

not to mentioned roasted squash or sweet potato etc

BritMumInCanada said:
there are so many other types of grains you can use as a side dish, if you want variety.

Mmmmmmhhh, yum yum!! I love roasted sweet potato, delish!!!!!!

BritMumInCanada said:

I do eat all those things. Quinoa wild rice sweet potatoes beans etc. Lentils today. Going to try and make them into something delicious. I don't think u can get wild rice in the UK but maybe I'm wrong. But it is delicious. And not actually rice. Lol britmum if u haven't tried it go for it. Pretty sure u can get it in Canada. Rather expensive tho!

But brown rice takes 40mins to cook :( vs 10mins for white rice.

It does take longer yes, but the health benefits of eating wholegrains is worth it.

White carbs are refined grains and are not healthy at all they have basically been milled to remove the bran and germ layer, leaving just the endosperm. The grain is stripped of most of its iron content, fiber, and B vitamins.

Not to mention that wholegrains keep you fuller for longer. :)

I do occasionally still have white carbs, but my do I pay for it when I do. So generally have to avoid any white carbs because of my PCOS.

I do eat all those things. Quinoa wild rice sweet potatoes beans etc. Lentils today. Going to try and make them into something delicious. I don't think u can get wild rice in the UK but maybe I'm wrong. But it is delicious. And not actually rice. Lol britmum if u haven't tried it go for it. Pretty sure u can get it in Canada. Rather expensive tho!

Yep I have wild rice quite often. They do some yummy varieties here, mixed in with wholegrain rice. It is a little more expensive, but I love the nuttyness of it and it is much more satisfying :), so I find you dont actually need as much.

I have rice and pasta every day, I live on the stuff and tbh would be lost without it!

Every week that I have managed to follow the plan 100% I have lost weight since I started SW September 2009.

Unless you are eating buckets of the stuff I'm not certain it's causing you a problem.

Do you drink a lot of water? If doing green days it's important to drink lots and lots of it.

Do you keep a food diary? Could it be that there is some other reason you have gained this week? If you have always been a rice freak like me and never gained before it seems odd.

Do you do much exercise?

I normally would exercise but I have 3 jobs and a daughter. And the ground is covered in ice and snow. So I try to break a bead when I'm running around at work or cleaning the house! I find it hard to drink a lot of water. And I have no idea why! I should be making more of a valient effort and I plan on doing that this week.

Back