Addicted!

Just remember if you start craving,that there are 4,000(honestly and those are the only ones isolated so far!) poisons/chemicals in every fag you light up. If I baked you a cake and told you there were 4,000 poisons in it would you even consider eating it?

Hi, I gave up smoking 16 months ago after 42 years of smoking and I was on 50 or so a day at the end, I had tried on numerous occasions to give up and even managed to abstain for 2 years only to go back to it, BUT there is a difference this time and I know I will never ever put another cigarette to my lips. The difference is that every other time I gave up I still enjoyed the smell of it and didn't mind being round others that still did smoke, now I can't bare the smell, and it's worse when they have finished smoking...my husband daughter and son in law all live with me and all still smoke...outside...but when they come in they have to stay away from me for at least 20 mins as the smell is foul. Also I gave up right in the middle of my weight loss that I was doing at home on my own and initially I did put a stone back on but I joined SW class and have never looked back since and I am looking forward to receiving my SW 4 and half stone shiny shortly...so good luck ..the advice you have been given on here sounds amazing, I started using champix tablets but was highly allergic to them so after a few days went cold turkey and I can honestly say it's the best thing I ever did xxxx

Well done on giving up and staying on the wagon Lily. I've started alternating my nic gum with ordinary sugar free gum and have cut down my consumption of the nic gum by half. Would never have thought of doing this if it hadn't been for this thread so thankyou!

Well done on giving up and staying on the wagon Lily. I've started alternating my nic gum with ordinary sugar free gum and have cut down my consumption of the nic gum by half. Would never have thought of doing this if it hadn't been for this thread so thankyou!

I believe it was just my time to give up as I have found it a lot easier and am so determined no I must reword that...I know for a fact I will never ever smoke again....I prefer not to wake up coughing and spluttering and I much prefer a cold to last a week or 2 rather than turning into bronchitis and lasting months and I hate hearing my husband coughing like mad everyday and my daughter and son in law gagging in the mornings....great that you have received some help with this and gl with your non smoking journey ...I love this site, so many lovely people so many wonderful suggestions xxxx

Well done on giving up, I gave up 2 years ago using Champix, I agree with using sugar free gum every other piece if you find thats not working try cutting the gum in half and have a half nicotine gum and half sugar free gum so you get a small nicotine hit (if you find you need it) gradually making the nicotine piece smaller and smaller and the sugar free gum bigger

Keep going, Krup! I gave up in November and though it's been hard, I now feel like anything is possible. That's some feeling to have, isn't it?!

Keep going, Krup! I gave up in November and though it's been hard, I now feel like anything is possible. That's some feeling to have, isn't it?!

Your right Biggy - it's great!

Back