• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

adding water to shakes or shakes to water?

No idea hon... I always add the shakes to water cos i find it mixes easier (don't have to worry about it clumping at the bottom).

Lily

Gold Member
Probably something to do with making sure you're using at least the minimum amount of water. The powder in the bottom of a measuring container would take up some of the space, right?

But as long as you're using enough water - and me personally, I use something like 350ml because I don't mind my shakes diluted - I can't see that it matters too much.

if you add water to the shake the shake can go lumpy. i always measure my water out in my jug then start my whisk and then add the contents of my packet, which was opened earlier. always get lovely smooth tasting shakes.

Probably something to do with making sure you're using at least the minimum amount of water. The powder in the bottom of a measuring container would take up some of the space, right?

But as long as you're using enough water - and me personally, I use something like 350ml because I don't mind my shakes diluted - I can't see that it matters too much.
i make mine up to a pint. they fill a pint glass.