Adults who <3 YA fiction!

I've quite enjoyed some young adult fiction - Happy Potter, Twilight and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles mainly, but I can't get into a lot of it because of the dystopian themes. Unfortunately reading George Orwell's 1984 put me off dystopian novels completely. I did enjoy Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale though, but that's an exception to my "no dystopian novels" rule! :)

Reading Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. It's about a teenage boy who hunts ghosts who are causing harm to the living. Anna is one of the ghosts he has to find and send back. Really enjoying it so far.

I've been reading Sabriel and the trilogy it is in- it is brilliant!! I'd definitely recommend it.

Kayleehollie said:
Just read The Hunger Games in 3 days! Must've enjoyed it, will look out for Anna dresses in blood and sabriel!! x

I loved Anna dressed in blood, the sequel 'Girl of Nightmares' is out in hardback but I'm going to wait for the paperback copy/kindle.

I loved the hunger games trilogy, got the DVD to watch tonight <3

Was the hunger games film any good? I know the films can never compete but some are ok! Just read catching fire and mockingjay in 2 days haha! Oh and I was looking who's who in the film and he's not my peeta! I would have totally swapped him and gale (Liam hemsworth) maybe just me x

This is exactly why I didn't go and see the film in the cinema, as I was only half way thru the three books and didn't want their characters to mess up mine lol!!

Going to get the film this wknd

15 lost : 52 to goal

The film is good, there are a few slight changes to the story in the book which I kept piping up about while we were watching, hehe:)

I've just started a new ya book, insurgent by Veronica Roth. The second in the divergent trilogy.

Hi - I love young adult fantasy! I read a book called Blood Red Road by Moira Young is very good, dystopia I suppose with a hard arsed young female lead :) I also loved Philip Pullmans northern lights trilogy, the film The Golden Compass is based on it but I found the books fantastic....fantastical! :D

Hello all, I'm fairly new to this board. Can't believe I've only just came across this book club! I am a massive reader, I also run a book blog. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links or not though? I mostly read YA and my favourite genre is dystopian. Some of my current faves are The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Glimpse and Matched. Also love paranormal romance such as The Mortal Instruments, Vampire Academy/Bloodlines, House of Night...god I could go one forever lol! I read about 150-170 books a year, this year I've set my Goodreads goal at 200. Don't think I'm going to make it though as I finished uni and started working full time this year, I just don't have the same amount of time to read that I used to.
Currently I'm reading Alight by K.C Neal for review, don't think it's out till the end of the year, it's the second book in a series and it's a self published series. I'm also a huge supported of self published authors and love my Kindle. lol!

Hi Emma:) sounds like you have similar taste in books to me! I really loved the first 2 divergent books, did you know that the movie of divergent is currently in production? Due early 2014! I've only read the first mortal instruments so far. So many books and so little time!

I know how you feel. I used to manage a book a day last year, now I'm lucky if I can get through 2 a week lol!

Hi there.me too I love my ya dystopian fiction.loved the hunger games trilogy,have read divergent loved it downloaded sample of insurgent on my kindle,read the first two of the birthmarked trilogy loved them and prefered them to divergent. I really recommend the host by stephanie meyer.its a bit hard to get into but don't give up once your hooked you won't put down.since I bought the kindle a few weeks ago have downloaded tons of free books and samples but have struggled to get into one I really like. I really liked the sample of delerium (also ya dystopian) so I might download the whole book .any other recommendations? Thanks x

I liked pure by julianna baggot, it's the first of a trilogy but the second one isn't out until feb!

15 lost : 52 to goal

Mini_Mog said:
Delirium is really good, definitely download the full book:)

Cool thanks will do :) I had down loaded the mortal instruments sample but couldn't get into it all.reminded me of buffy the vampire slayer or something.does it get better

jasminescott242 said:
Cool thanks will do :) I had down loaded the mortal instruments sample but couldn't get into it all.reminded me of buffy the vampire slayer or something.does it get better

I wasn't blown away by the first mortal instruments. It was ok, but it didn't make me excited to find out what happens next. I will give the next one a go though.

Mini_Mog said:
I wasn't blown away by the first mortal instruments. It was ok, but it didn't make me excited to find out what happens next. I will give the next one a go though.

Lol thats what I thought.you really have the same taste in books as me lol. Definitely check out the host by stephanie meyer.and stick with it I found it a little hard to get into but then it was excellent

jasminescott242 said:
Lol thats what I thought.you really have the same taste in books as me lol. Definitely check out the host by stephanie meyer.and stick with it I found it a little hard to get into but then it was excellent

I will do:) I actually have that book, but I've not started it yet. I've read all her twilight books. I'm going to give the 2nd mortal instruments book a read. Matched by Ally Condie is also a popular ya dystopia. It's a trilogy I think. Also, The Handmaid's Tale is an excellent dystopian novel, but it's an adult book, not ya.

Back