Pandas are chubby, but they eat healthly!

Hi everyone,

my name is Giulia and I'm a half-english, half-italian student in Italy. I have lived my whole life in Italy, but I'm planning to move to England after I finish University to follow my life-long dream of living there! :D

I study foreign languages (English, German and French) and some of my favourite hobbies are: travelling :character00255:, photography, playing with my dog:chores016:, cooking with my boyfriend (who thankfully works as a chef), and reading - especially fantasy books like Harry Potter, LOTR, the Hunger Games..

If I look back I can recall just two major weight losses in my life:

A couple of months before my 18th birthday I started doing Slimming World and lost quite a lot of kg. I can't remember how much I weighed, but I do remember that I felt fabulous and treated myself to a beautiful dress for my 18th birthday party. Unluckly my birthday happens just before the Christmas season, so I thought I'd just stop the diet during that time and start again fresh afterwards. But I never did start again and I went back to around 70 kg (like I am right now).

After that I didn't bother again to go on a diet.

Last year, I stayed at my boyfriend's parent's house for a month (because of some complications with my university flat) and they cook deliciously but full of fat, not to mention the italian sausage, the cheese and bread they put on the table at every meal. Needless to say, i went up to 74 kg and needed to buy two new pairs of jeans (in size 16 :raincloud: - which is the highest I have ever been).
Anyway, thankfully enough, in June I started working at a restaurant as a waitress as a summer job. After 3 months of power-walking every day for 11 hours and with the heat that there is in Italy in the summer, i lost 10 kg and arrived to a healthy 64 kg. I would've like to reach 60 kg but I was really happy with my weight and proceeded to buy myself a whole new wardrobe of clothes to celebrate.

Unfortunately I had lost all that weight just by pure exercise and not by dieting, I ate tons of icecream everyday and lasagne for dinner and what else! So when I came back to my "normal" life as a student (which includes a lot of sitting down), the kilos slowly crept back up.

I tried to stop it, I went for 3 months to the gym because that's all that my busy schedule and my student wages could afford, but I didn't lose anything - probably due to my loath of cardio and especially running.

Now I'm at 72 kg and I am desperate to take them off!!

I bought the Dukan diet book because I had heard that it was really efficient, but really, though i absolutely love meat and fish, I cannot picture myself not eating fruit or chocolate or pasta for more than 3 months! Especially because next month I am going on holiday to Canada and I'm sure that I will not find lean proteins everywhere I go.
So going back to slimming world sounded like the best option for me.

But, as my boyfriend says, I can diet as much as I want, but I really should start doing more exercise. I will have to start doing something in my room everyday (I even downloaded an app for it). And maybe start going jogging as well.

Anyway it was nice to let out my adventures with dieting! :eek:
I hope this forum will support me and help me lose those infamous 12 kg!

A presto!! :grouphugg:

I actually went jogging in the park about an hour after writing my first post. It felt really good to get out in the fresh air after a whole day inside studying. :)
I can see more exercise in the near future!

Weighed myself this morning (after breakfast) and I have lost half a kg, not much but still good!
I hope I continue, for some reason in the last couple of months after a couple of days of sticking to slimming world I'd start eating chocolate and sweets and drinking wine spritzers again, and in excessive amounts.

I tried making some cupcakes today with a recipe I found on the Primrose Bakery but switching sugar with sweetener and butter with low-fat. But they turned out really bad. I can't seem to get it right with sweeteners! Might just wait another week of solid dieting and then treat myself to a real cupcake with all the frosting. And then give the rest of the batch away as a present!

I've done some leg-toning exercises from an App that I have downloaded on my phone. My legs have started aching a bit now, so they must've worked!

Tomorrow I have an exam so I think I'll have an early night tonight. I am a bit worried, but at the same time I just want to get it over with!! Can't wait to go on holiday to Canada!

I really hope that I don't go off track this time with SW.

Back