Adventures in Cooking

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi peeps - I had a PM asking me if I would share some of my fun new meals that I am playing with now, so here are my adventures in cooking. Will only post those that are, in my mind, exceptional. Won;t bore with every day fare! :D As it goes - tonights was exceptionally exceptional!!

I am LOVING playing with my new Chinese sauces, and just having a few authentic flavours really makes a difference to my stir frys. Always loved them - but now they are really special. At least the last 2 nights worth!! :D I don;t think my Wok is ever going to leave the stove top. It now lives there.

ANyway - tonight -

Ginger Tofu and Green Beans, served with Paprika Chili roasted Sweet Potato "chips"

First, drizzled a tiny bit of olive oil on potatoes and seasoned generously with smoked paprika, red chilis,sea salt and fresh ground pepper - into the oven to roast/crisp up.

Chopped lots of red chili, fresh ginger and garlic - and through in the wok in 1 T veg oil. (Looking for Ground nut oil but so far don't have any - but will be using that for the good benefits) Set aside.

Topped and tailed Green Beans, slices a couple scallions, set aside.

Cubed a block of Tofu, VERY lightly dusted with cornflour and then tossed lightly beaten egg.

Heated 1 T oil in the wok, and quickly cooked the chili, garlic and ginger. Then added the tofu, being sure to drip off almost all of the egg. Stired quickly to coat with chilis, etc. Let cook for a bit to brown and tossed in the Green beans with white and black sesame seeds. Once nicely browned, splashed some shaohsing wine (from Chinese Market), light soy sauce for flavour and dark soy for colour. Cooked untill sizzling hot and nicely glazed - not long - don;t want the beans to get soft.

Served swith the chips.

GORGEOUS!!!!

Must use Chopstix!!! :D Tastes much better!!!!

Made 2-3 servings. Will have some tomorrow, cold, on a bed of Little Gems and Cherry Tomatos with a little Rice Vinegar. :)

ooo good idea BL!
might start a thread of my own as i often make things then forget how nice they were - will be good to record them somewhere for future reference!
daisy x

Omg BL lovely lovely stuff that, makes me want real food!! Lol still on the packs for a bit, but makes me realise how much I have to look forward to!

Oooh have lemons and limes for some marmalade making, when are you starting yours?

Jez
xx

I bought my oranges today! WIll have a go Sunday, as going to be busy tomorrow. If I can, I am going to try and get out to the PYO farm for a bunch of Raspberrys.

I am also aiming to make a Jalapeno Chili jelly. Good stuff that is!

How did all your cakes turn out?? :)

this is a fab idea, im on lipotrim total replacement but t ni i was recearching healthy low cal meals and i never even thought of tofu.
good plan and good luck BL.

Hi BL

That jalapeno jelly sounds amazing, please can I have the recipe? I buy a smoked chilli jam at work, but would like to find some chipotle chillis and make it myself. Jalapenos would probably be even nicer. Good luck with the marmalade and the raspberries. I had a bout 1.5kg and it made the hugest jar. I am not doing the cakes till Sunday but will take pics and post them.

Jez
xx

My evening WOK.

Big chunky wedges of Savoy Cabbage, Mushrooms, Green Beans, Tofu, Green Chili, Ginger and Garlic, stirfried in my Wok with the usual seasonings.

Gorgeous!

I love cooking like this - I used no salt, and no pepper, just the pure flavour of veg and thewine and soy sauce - lets all the other flavours shine through, particulary the ginger.

Lip smacking. Ab Fab.

For pudding, a poached pear sprinkled with a bit of sugar and cinnamon, topped with natural greek yogurt and sprinkled with ground nutmeg..

Scrummy.

Last edited:
"Kitchen Sink Veggie Curry Stew" :D

I just threw everything in this!

1 tin tomatos
1 tin chick peas
1/w Cauliflour
1 yellow pepper
1/2 onion
garlic
red chili
green chili
red lentils
green lentils
green beans
fresh corn cut off the cob
lots of curry and garam masala
S&P
small handfull of raisins
500 ml passata and
a bit of water for the lentils.

Popped it in the oven on a low heat and cooked it away.

Topped with plain yogurt.

Very yummy. Very filling. No fat. Health in a bowl. :D

New photos

Hello ladies,
We've all had a busy week-end. I've just put the fruits of my labours in my photo
album. Am shattered and have to get up early for work so off to bed now.
Goodnight.

Now I am back to cooking, thought I would share a most delicious dish I made last night... Thai Halibut Fillet cooked in Parcels...

For 1:

6 ounce fillet of Halibut, skinned
Ginger, sliced in discs - 5 or 6
Garlic, minced 1-2 cloves
Green or red chili, sliced thin 1/2 chili
Lemon Grass, chopped fine, 1/4 stalk
Fresh Coriander 2-3 tablespoons
Zest and Juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 cup lite coconut milk
1 tsp sesame oil
S&P

(all too taste - above are oughly what I used)

Method:

Combine all ingredients except fish in a bowl and stir to mix.

With slotted spoon, remove the solids and place on a large sheet of tin foil to make a "bed" and place fish on top. Season fillet with S&P. Fold foil over and seal well by folding seam over 2-3 times across the length and one end of the packed. Pour or spoon remaining cocnut milk, etc., into pouch and fold the end to seal really well.

Can be made ahead and kept in fridge - or bake right away on baking tray for 10 minutes at 230c.

Serve with Coconut Brown Rice (I used half water and half the remaining cocnut milk - had to add extra water - when cooking brown rice. I also bashed up the other peice of lemongrass and tossed that in with the other half of the chili and the lime and cooked together)

Put rice on dish, then carefully tear open foil parcel and let fish and sauce slide out onto plate.
LUSH!!!!

Any questions, let me know. :)

Back