Adventures in New Look - the size 14 dress and saggy bits and exercise.

Cerulean

Silver Member
I tried on a lovely cotton bright pink summer dress. A size 14 - results to come later....

Not only did I go in a changing room for the first time in 87 years, but also on reflection I didn't look that bad in the mirror - in fact I was quite the babe!

My skin looks smooth and relatively young with the exception of that troublesome underarm area and also my breasts have decided to run away to join my tummy this week. Thanks breasts, I love you too! In order to encourage them back (I'm hoping the collapse is temporary whilst they figure out what to do with themselves ;)) I bought them two new bras - one was a 36E and one a 38DD. They have since perked up no end!

And as for the dress...
Did it fit? Well not with my breasts around my waist it didn't - no! So I took off my old bra (which has since been deposited in the bin because although I only bought it just before Easter it now does nothing for me) with a bit of careful 'hoiking' I tentatively pulled up the zip. And guess what? I got into a fitted size 14 dress for the first time since I was 20!

:wow:
I cycled about 15 miles this morning - there were hills and everything! - I feel full of energy and although this week is always slow week in my 4 week cycle (I'm reckoning a pound or so off this week) It will bring the loss over 4 weeks to over 16lbs - which at this BMI won't be too shabby!

I am now going to attempt to tone myself more consistently because with all the clothes and shoe shopping I intend to do come September, there'll be no spare money for a boob job!

So that's 5 dress sizes in 15 weeks. BLIMEY! In your face NICE!

Fantastic - cannot wait to see your pics.

It is amazing though isn't it when you try a size on that you have not looked at for ages & hey presto it fits. I am impressed with the New Look experience alos, as IMO they are not that generous with their sizes, so if you fit ok in a 14 from there you may actually be alot slimmer than you think!

Well done you & keep up the good work.

x

PS thanks for the comments on my pics - really appreciate it!

Well done, that's brilliant ..... glad you had such a good shopping trip. Loved the bit about your boobs heading south .... but hey with your nice new bras they'll be perky and in place :)

Cath

What a fab post! Congrats to you, and so glad your boobs found their way home!!

Mine are heading south faster than a flock of swallows at the mo, all wrinkly and baggy and saggy!!! But, like you, a new bra or two has encouraged them home!! (and it was a padded one too - first time ever!!)

Aint this weight loss thing just grand!!

Brilliant WI

Hahaha - get me with my wayward boobs! Anyway - rather than monopolise the board I thought I'd post today's other major achievement here...

Consistently every 4 weeks since we started I have lost between 0.22 and 2.5 lbs - it's always caught up the following week, but I was ready for a slow loss today (especially as I am a compulsive weigher - let it go - other than moisturiser it's my only vice!) anyway - so the loss was as follows:

Tadadadadadadaaaaa!

3.3 lbs - taking me a few ounces shy of 5 stones in 15 weeks!

I am so so close to never being obese again! My GP is going to faint when I see him tomorrow!

Wow well done to you - 5 stone is fantastic you should feel so proud of yourself - what a great week you are having!

Well done you! Fab all round! My boobs are already at my waist so they'll be dragging on the floor by the time I finish!! When I have the dosh am definately going to have them done!! Cant imagine how fab you felt in a size 14 plus that you felt a babe!! Yahoo!!

Brilliant, Brilliant - well done - May your boobs be firm and perky (with help of a new bra) well done xx

cerulean, brill 5 stones is superb, well done, im waiting in anticipation at what your doctor had to say today!!
angelxx

WOW ! FIVE stones in 15weeks is AMAZING :D :D

way to go !!

can't wait to see your pics !

love

Debz
xx

cerulean, brill 5 stones is superb, well done, im waiting in anticipation at what your doctor had to say today!!
angelxx

My doctor did a double take - he did my BP and was just about to let me go when he said 'How much do you weigh now?' and I told him and he said 'Wow - that's so much more effective than any drug I have ever prescribed - would you say this would work for everyone?' And I said 'Everyone who just can't stop themselves eating and has tried everything else, yes' So I think that's one GP convinced!

yeah! Well done you!! So pleased for you & B&A photos are fab!! You do look like a different person! How much do you want to loose in total?

How much do you want to loose in total?

Thanks!

I want to lose 8.5 stone in total - but the way things ae going I might settle for 7.5. I want to try to take my BMI to about 21 so that I can try to make sure that any saggy skin is just skin and not skin plus left over bits of fat. It came as a shock the other day to realise that I am almost 60% of the way towards my goal!

Crazy crazy LL!

Back