Advice about re-starting ss at BMI24.9

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Tabby_cat, 25 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Tabby_cat

Tabby_cat New Member

Hi everyone and although I dont post much, I do lurk!

I've been CD-ing for sometime now and have got down to 11stone 5 which is BMI 24.9 for me.

For some time I've been trying to lose the next half a stone or so on my own and failing.

I really really want to be able to ss down but I know that under BMI 25 you're not supposed to.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

I know I could do the plans and I have tried these, but I am still finding the temptation to eat other things on them is too great. I know that until I reach my goal weight I wont be happy.

I know I can maintain my weight as I've proved that, but I just cant seem to lose it on my own.

Any advice/suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

Hiya - definitely NOT SS or 790 for you Missus !! Your body doesn't have enough fat now to use for energy and (my understanding !) is that there's a risk that you'll start to use lean tissue as your energy source...which you really don't wanna do....so please don't go there - no matter how attractive you may think it is - it's DANGEROUS !!!

SS & 790 are both for people with BMI 25 and above....have you thought about 1000 / 1200 to lose those last few pounds ? No CDC would take you on for SS / 790 with your BMI under 25....

let us know how you get on.....

love

Debz
    xx

4. Tabby_cat

Tabby_cat New Member

Thanks Debs in my heart I know that the plans are the right answer, but once off ss its so hard to re-start even on the plans. However i will give it a go - starting TODAY!

Thanks again for your help.

5. anti-cake

anti-cake is shrinking!

Hi tabby cat. we are in the same boat! my bmi is too low to ss now. (which is bittersweet really isn't it!?)

i started Cd today on the 1000 as my councillor wouldn't let me go lower *stamps feet in a strop* *not fair!*. but better to do this the healthyway, and keep it off for good.

good luck!

katy x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.