advice and any help pls

Judy

hi girls just thought i would pop over as i have done sw many a times, this thread used to be sooo quiet and i found it hard not havin much support coz of it. It looks busier now is it?

Also i recognise some of the names from the cambridge forum am i right?
I am back on yet another re-start with with cd and finding it very hard to stick to, i have my weigh in 2morrow but have ate twice!!

Do u girls prefer 1 or the other or have u just come on sw to maintain?? any tips or advice most greatfull, i really want and need to loose this weight about 7stone!! but im confused on which way would be the best way for me and not so hard.

thanx in advance judy xx

Hi Judy

Just wanted to say Hi, I too am from the CD site and supposed to be on a re-start this week!!

I cannot stick to CD tho at the mo, the shakes have no appeal whatsover even tho last year I lost 3 stones on them in 4 months but unfortunately gained 1 1/2 stone and still have 5 stones to lose!!

My friend is dragging me to SW tonight and for me and my family, I think following and adopting a healthy lifestyle and eating plan is the way to go for us at this time, dh could do with losing weight too!!lol.

I cannot afford CD either, especially after xmas and buy food for my dh and sons. I think you have to be 100% motivated on CD or it doesn't work aswell as it should and to me, it is a waste of money if you are not in the right frame of mind, I was last year, it was something new and I was committed.

Have a good think about the two before you make a decision. You never know, a good weight loss with CD this week may spur you on.

Hi Judy,
I did do CD and was doing well till my doc found out I was doing the plan and having a pre existing condition I hadn't declared wasnt that wise.....

I must admit that I think all diets will work, but we have to stiick at them, I think the difference with slimming world is that it isn't a diet as nothing is banned. I have found it much easier this time around but I think i'm ready again to give it my all.

It was also harder to lower my weightloss expectations from 5lb a week that I was losing on CD to 2lb on here... but as I just said in another post 2lb a week means approx 4 stone in 6 months, and that is fabulous for a plan where you can eat so much and not deprive yourself....

Good luck with what you decide...

thanx girls ur advice has really helped me. I know what u mean about not being able to face the shakes i was like that lastnight, i had to shakes then by t-time just couldnt face another so made curry and rice!
Today i have had 2 shakes and again im wondering if i can manage a third. I really want to do this diet in my heart but my mind and my stomache are stopping me if that makes sense?
I think for me its patience after getting used to really big weight losses each week then i went back to sw and lost 1llb i lost incentive.
I know still loosing it is a good thing but i wanna see good results, im not expecting mega amounts but 1llb really disheartens me.
I have even been thinking about the atkins i ave never tried that one, have any of u? I need to decide tonight before my cdc comes 2morrow as i dont wanna pay for another wk then realise i just cant do it, as money is tight for me as it is. my head is all over the place!

I tried CD for a day and the shakes turned on me, but at least if you lose with SW you will have a steady weight loss that is likely to stay off.
Good luck in what you decide to do,dont beat yourself up about it! its not the end of the world if you swap to SW.
Ruthy

hi girls just thought i would pop over as i have done sw many a times, this thread used to be sooo quiet and i found it hard not havin much support coz of it. It looks busier now is it?

Also i recognise some of the names from the cambridge forum am i right?
I am back on yet another re-start with with cd and finding it very hard to stick to, i have my weigh in 2morrow but have ate twice!!

Do u girls prefer 1 or the other or have u just come on sw to maintain?? any tips or advice most greatfull, i really want and need to loose this weight about 7stone!! but im confused on which way would be the best way for me and not so hard.

thanx in advance judy xx

Hey Judy!!!!!

I was in your same situation, I have done both LL and CD and although you lose a lot of weight quite quickly I found them really hard to stick to and in my case the weight came back on quicker than quick.

I will be joining SW on tuesday and I am positive that not only I'll find it easier and more enjoyable but also the weight will stay off.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!!:)

Back