Advice for a newbie?

LindyLou59

Hi ! I started this Thursday, I've got my first weigh in on Wednesday night so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm on 3 products a day, I have porridge in the morning, a shake for lunch and a soup in the evening, it all seems to be ok so far but I'm only on day 4 so not sure when ketosis sets in or how I will know/feel when it does. I've never done this diet before so if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful. Quite proud of myself so far anyway as kids have had McDonalds and then hubby had a chinese and I managed to resist it all ! Only my hubby and my best friend know I'm doing this as my Mum will just moan at me the whole time and my Dad will constantly offer me food, so it would be great to have the support of this network to keep me sane and on track :) x

LindyLou59 said:
Hi ! I started this Thursday, I've got my first weigh in on Wednesday night so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm on 3 products a day, I have porridge in the morning, a shake for lunch and a soup in the evening, it all seems to be ok so far but I'm only on day 4 so not sure when ketosis sets in or how I will know/feel when it does. I've never done this diet before so if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful. Quite proud of myself so far anyway as kids have had McDonalds and then hubby had a chinese and I managed to resist it all ! Only my hubby and my best friend know I'm doing this as my Mum will just moan at me the whole time and my Dad will constantly offer me food, so it would be great to have the support of this network to keep me sane and on track :) x

Hi, I started diet three weeks ago and my third weigh in is tomorrow. I am new on here also joined it at the weekend and I do think it will be helpful. I am doing the same as you 3 shakes a day but I am having a small meal at tea time,today I'm struggling a bit but I havnt had many days like it . On my first weigh in I lost 5 lb then 3 lb last week , waiting to see what tomorrow brings! I have got some ketosis sticks you just pee on them and the colour change indicates how far into ketosis you are. Well done so far looking forward to hearing how you get on weds :)

Hi both I'm on day 12 and so far so good.... I never really had any problem with ketosis, apparently some people go into it differently without any side effects( that's what I've read) I lost 8lb first week and 2nd weigh in is wed!!! This forum has been an amazing support to me since starting, if you have any questions there is usually someone who will answer as they've been through it!!!
I've found this diet great so far although I'm getting a bit fed up of the same thing...but I love how I feel!!!! Have a look at the photos of people that have lost weight on this it's amazing and some when you feel down and think your going to cave in... Come on here and believe me it keeps you on track...I'm so glad I started this diet!!

Thanks for the replies. Yes I think this will be an amazing source of support and we can all help each other along on the bad days ! I've had a really good day today, been full of energy and popped in to see my Mum, just had a black coffee and resisted the huge chocolate cake she offered me. Went home and had a chocolate shake which was yummy and managed to stave off the craving. Having leek and potato soup tonight which I really like and do actually FEEL a bit thinner today, can get my belt done up one hole tighter which was a boost. Long may this feeling continue ! x

Had my first weigh in and I've lost 7lb ! Really pleased, that's half a stone in a week. 4 weeks until we go on holiday so hopefully I can drop a dress size by then x

LindyLou59 said:
Had my first weigh in and I've lost 7lb ! Really pleased, that's half a stone in a week. 4 weeks until we go on holiday so hopefully I can drop a dress size by then x

Well done 7 lb is a brilliant loss, bet you can feel the difference already :))

Congrats on the 7lb loss. I've got my first WI in an hour. Hope I do well.

How have you found the diet so far?

WOW ! That's a great loss, tbh I had hoped I would have lost a bit more on my first week but had been doing slim fast before so maybe it wasn't quite such a shock to my system and I don't think I really went to ketosis until about day 6. Weighed myself this morning and I've already lost another pound so hopefully I have another good loss next week. We about the same weight/height and time of starting so we can be "diet buddies" if you like? I'm doing the 3 products a day and am going away the beginning of August, I'm a size 16 at the moment but have bought myself a size 14 bikini (just the one!!) as inspiration so we'll just wait and see. Hubby did say last night that my tummy looked flatter so that's a start anyway. Hope your weigh in goes well, post on here to let me know x

REALLY struggling today! Still losing about 1lb a day which is great and should be enough to keep me motivated but I'm just missing eating "proper" food! Getting fed up with knowing that the kids and hubby are eating stuff that I can't have and getting a bit resentful about it today, hopefully it's just a bad day and I'll snap myself out of it. Surely someone else has felt/is feeling like this? Please tell me I'm not the only one? :(

Hey Lindy
I am a restarter on day one this time round but yes I remember those days too. I used to sniff my husbands empty crisp packet lol. I am just hoping to get through until Tuesday when I may be in ketosis.
Just take yourself off for a bath or do your nails and get back in the zone. Focus on that bikini you'll be wearing x

Thanks Katie, my hubby has just come home with a big bottle of bubble bath for me so obviously great minds think alike ! Think I'm just having a down day, going to have my bubble bath, go bed and hope it's all better in the morning. x

Sounds like a plan. I miss having baths but have to stuck to showers cos of always getting uti's. Have a relax n a good sleep. Hopefully I'll still be here and not on a murder charge in the morning xx

Back