Advice for people starting out, please!

Good work there Mrs L - I was just writing my own version of this for my blog! I wanted to go right back to the basics and list all the rules and exercises to give suggestions for activities (management preparation is eally helping to focus me on the RULES)

DramaQueen

I do hope you are reading this - I started off at 17st 13 (well - officially 18st 3, but I had eaten a full Sunday brekkie and Pub roast that day so my official WI figure was a bit inflated ;))

Back then I thought 'Well - as long as I can get down to 13st 13 then I'll call it a success - hell I thought if I got through 4 weeks I could call it a success! And here I am, almost 30 weeks later about to officially break ketosis tomorrow night with my first meal. I went from a 24 to an 8 (10 top) in 29 weeks. It's really been an incredible journey - I'm actually in a state of shock - I think my brain is still a size 14!

Anyway - take a deep break and hold on tight. It will be tough, but you will get there (I feel a peculiar attachment and responsibility to people who start in the 17s because I hung around that weight for a few years). Good luck!

Cerulean,

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I went to see the nurse on Tuesday and she would not sign my form - said she had to check with the DR. I called in today to get it and it has not been signed yet, have to go back on Monday! In the meantime I have found a new LL meeting slightly nearer to me (def easier to get to) than the one I was going to join. They have a new class starting on Tuesday so fingers crossed ( and Dr willing) I will start on Tuesday. Excited and terrified. I can't believe you are now a size 8 - amazing. You should be so very proud of yourself. I just hope I will be able to do it.
Mrs Lard - fantastic advice which I will no doubt need next week.
Thank you all. Will let you know if I get the bloody form signed on Monday. xx
Ce

drama queen,

I'm going to be journeying with you, I am due to get my form signed tomorrow morning, because my meeting is tomorrow night and I can get my foodpacks. I'm seeing a different doctor as mine is on holiday for a week, I am convinced my own doctor would sign straight away, but I'm panicking a bit if this doctor wont sign in the morning, I think it would be too frustrating going to the meet without the form signed and not being able start yet. Fingers crossed for us both xxxx

Hope you got on better than me as DR refuses to sign my form. I just don't know what to do now. Have rang LLC hopefully they will have a solution. Good luck and ket me know how you get on. Lots of love:cry:

sweetheart!

Its just a formality now, you will get it signed, your counsellor will be able to help I am sure of that, they have 'in house' locums, wait til your counsellor returns your call, it might not be for a couple of days, WE WILL JOURNEY TOGETHER

sun xxxx

Sun,

Bless you. I was so positive this morning as I felt like I was starting a whole new chapter and then the news from doctor really threw me. At the time it felt like the end of the world. I now feel it is just a little setback. I can start next week. Thank you.

Good luck today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You'll be fine DramaQueen - I was so anxious when I finally found a GP to do my form that my BP was so high he almost told me I couldn't do LL!! Luckily he saw sense and said 'well it's probably the best thing you could be doing anyway' and signed the form but told me I had to medicated for high BP. At my next check up it had improved so much that BP meds weren't even mentioned! This is why i get so angry about GPs who won't sign. I saved the NHS loads of money in treating my high blood pressure and depression by taking positive action!

I have everything crossed for you DQ

Back