ADVICE FOR RtM BEGINNERS

Madam Mimm

I will be going to my first RtM class this Thursday, 31st January, ready to start RtM on Friday. Can I please ask all of you that are farther on than me for your advice? I do feel more than a little apprehensive about eating "real" food again, although I also think that I am perhaps blowing it out of proportion & just need to calm down a little.
Any tips & ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey Madam Mimm,

Don't be anxious about eating again. I know that it can be a little daunting, but you should enjoy the new phase of your journey.

After abstinence, the tastes and smells are quite overwhelming - enjoy each new taste sensation.

The best advice I can give is to stick with the programme as closely as you can. It is very well thought out, and structure to help you slowly re-introduce food without affecting your weight to any extent.

Enjoy - and as and when you have questions, feel free to shout - there are plenty of us around that will gladly help if we can!

Good luck,

Leesy
xox

Hi Madam Mimm

Congratulations on your fab weight loss and good luck starting RtM :)

I've just started week 4 and to be honest, I have not stuck the program as closely as I thought I would, but so far am still a couple of pounds under my goal weight.

My only piece of advice for the first few weeks would be to think carefully before eating something 'off plan', especially if it has carbs in it - it will take you out of ketosis and then you may start feeling hungry and be tempted to go even further off plan. This is what happened to me! :eek:

This is the 1st time I've ever tried to 'maintain' rather than trying to lose weight or just not being careful at all, so I think it will take me a while to get the hang of it!!

The program works if you work it

Hi really grateful for all these R.T.M in Lighter life the program is fabulous in loking for an hour every week at the head issues around hunger well worth the money as the group helps us all so much.

I see it as an investment in me and my shopping bills and time have shrunk by that amount weekly. I go out with a list for the week and stivck to it i always overbought in case i fancied this that or the other then was over whelmed ( i now realise by choice ) the less choice i have the easier my life is that includes books,food,.
I have always been a rebel but i dont have to do that any more especially with myself so sticking to the program and practice what i read as A.J. and Cerulan.Mrs Lard In search of me and others before them is my plan taking it one day at a time.

Maria:eek:

Thanks from me too!

This is really helpful. Maria - I could have written that post myself. Keep in touch and best of luck!

Back