Slim for Summer

So 2 and a quarter loss this week (can't forget the quarter!). I weighed in a day early this week. So, that will have to do. I'm ok with it I suppose. I am only about 3lbs away from 4st.

As I'm having a weekend off, i am aiming to stay the same this week and then get back to losing.

Have a good weekend everyone! :)

That's fantastic Julie. Do you realise (I am sure you do) that you have lost over 50 pounds? That's huge!! What a fantastic achievement. You know 50 pounds is the amount of weight I need to lose to get to my ideal weight. 31.25 lbs to go. You are my inspiration. See you on the other side of the weekend. Have a good one. Xo

Thanks Obs. I know ... I have lost 53lbs I think. My mind hasn't caught up with my loss or my body yet. I always feel good anyway (I think very positively and try to make the best of myself). I know I look much better now but it will take some time for my mind to catch up. I had skinny jeans on today and , whilst I have been thinner, I'm not sure my legs have ever been this slim!! They look great! More to do though!!

So .... My CDC told me to do a week at step 3 this week as you can't do step 1 for more than 12 weeks. That has been both amazing and disastrous all at the same time.

I had planned a weekend off totally, eating what I wanted without worrying. I did that and had a ball! Lunch with my good friend on Saturday ... Tapas and wine. Then Sundays lunch with my husband .... More tapas and the best bottle of red wine I have tasted outside if Spain! Amazing. I ended the weekend about 6lbs up but knew it was mostly temporary and probably water retention from the alcohol.

I have then been in step 3 since Monday. I have enjoyed having carbs again but honestly could take it or leave it. I wasn't bothered either way. However I wanted to do as my CDC told me. So, since then I have gained 9lbs!!!! What???!!

It was Red Nose Day today with lots of cakes and a really important lunch with some visitors that I had to join. So today I've eaten too much, I know that. So I've just has a porridge tonight and a gallon if water!!

I am hoping that the scales are in a reasonable mood tomorrow and are a bit kinder to me. Then official weigh in on Sunday. Who knows what that will be. My weight can fluctuate so much in just one day.

But ... It's one week and not the end of the world. So one more work event with food to get through tomorrow then I can get back to SS on Sunday. Can't wait! (And can't believe I'm saying that! ). I'm sure any gain will come off in a week. Then 11 something is my next goal. Sooo looking forward to that.

This week has me thinking about when I'm at goal, wherever and whenever that is. I am going to have to be really careful if this is the result of just one week. But there's lots of time to sort that out.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me!! x

So .... My CDC told me to do a week at step 3 this week as you can't do step 1 for more than 12 weeks. That has been both amazing and disastrous all at the same time.

I had planned a weekend off totally, eating what I wanted without worrying. I did that and had a ball! Lunch with my good friend on Saturday ... Tapas and wine. Then Sundays lunch with my husband .... More tapas and the best bottle of red wine I have tasted outside if Spain! Amazing. I ended the weekend about 6lbs up but knew it was mostly temporary and probably water retention from the alcohol.

I have then been in step 3 since Monday. I have enjoyed having carbs again but honestly could take it or leave it. I wasn't bothered either way. However I wanted to do as my CDC told me. So, since then I have gained 9lbs!!!! What???!!

It was Red Nose Day today with lots of cakes and a really important lunch with some visitors that I had to join. So today I've eaten too much, I know that. So I've just has a porridge tonight and a gallon if water!!

I am hoping that the scales are in a reasonable mood tomorrow and are a bit kinder to me. Then official weigh in on Sunday. Who knows what that will be. My weight can fluctuate so much in just one day.

But ... It's one week and not the end of the world. So one more work event with food to get through tomorrow then I can get back to SS on Sunday. Can't wait! (And can't believe I'm saying that! ). I'm sure any gain will come off in a week. Then 11 something is my next goal. Sooo looking forward to that.

This week has me thinking about when I'm at goal, wherever and whenever that is. I am going to have to be really careful if this is the result of just one week. But there's lots of time to sort that out.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me!! x

Hang in there Julie. I love the fact that you are not letting one week or a few pounds gain to deter you in any way. It's this attitude that will get you to your goal, very very soon. I had a bad week myself. I have another week on phase 1 and then I move up. I was hoping to lose as much as possible in this period. But like you said, there's no rush. Time is on my side (as the song goes, if you know the song :) ). All the best for your weigh-in and have a wonderful week ahead.

So 2lbs gain this week. To be honest I am ok with that. I thought it would be more and, for the fun I had last weekend, it was a fair price to pay.

So onwards and upwards.... Last day of step 3 today then back to SS! Looking forward to shifting those 2lbs and a few more if I can.

I then have a day out with my good friends next Saturday. So I'll need to deal with that. If it was a few months ago I would have stayed on plan but I am in less of a rush now. So may just have a lunch off. Will see how I do this week and decide. If I lose what I've gained then I will have the lunch off. If not then I will stay on plan. I am not carrying the gain into a second week. That's for sure. Weigh in will be Saturday next week, a day early as I am going out on Saturday.

After Saturday I don't have anything planned where I need to take time off until end of April. So I know that I will be well into the 11's by that time. Can't wait! Super excited for that.

Have a great week everyone!

Jx

Hang in there Julie. I love the fact that you are not letting one week or a few pounds gain to deter you in any way. It's this attitude that will get you to your goal, very very soon. I had a bad week myself. I have another week on phase 1 and then I move up. I was hoping to lose as much as possible in this period. But like you said, there's no rush. Time is on my side (as the song goes, if you know the song :) ). All the best for your weigh-in and have a wonderful week ahead.

Hey Obs, yeah it's one week in a lifetime. So I'm not going to worry about it too much. You've done well with a loss this week. Still closer than you were last week, which is great.

I am thinking the same as you. I still want to lose more but there is no rush. I don't want to do this again. So I want to do it properly and keep it off. And that means learning to live with real life and the normal ups and downs of social occasions. Having a little fun sometimes too! Otherwise it would be a thin and miserable life.

Have a great week Obs!

Jx

So I need to get back into ketosis now after a weekend of fun and the remainder of the week in step 3. Day 1 done and I am totally fine. 2 shakes and a porridge for dinner (hope porridge is ok for these first few days. I can't remember back to the start of this journey!)

Although I missed having a bar today, I am so happy to get back to SS. I think I am addicted to the cwp feeling of continually getting slimmer and clothes becoming too big. Can't wait for the next shift in my body. I am firmly in a size 16 now with a few things in a 14. I now want to get to a firm size 14.

I am hoping to shift the 2 lbs I put on last week plus a few more. 5 lbs would be excellent! That's my motivation for this week but might be a bit much to hope for, especially when I have only 6 days between weigh ins.

My main aim is to get to 11 something in the next 2 weeks. That was my deal with myself for having a weekend off. I could enjoy it but needed to get back to it and get to the 11's.

So I feel like I have lost a week but it was worth it and I am now back to being determined and in the zone.

Jx

So I need to get back into ketosis now after a weekend of fun and the remainder of the week in step 3. Day 1 done and I am totally fine. 2 shakes and a porridge for dinner (hope porridge is ok for these first few days. I can't remember back to the start of this journey!)

Although I missed having a bar today, I am so happy to get back to SS. I think I am addicted to the cwp feeling of continually getting slimmer and clothes becoming too big. Can't wait for the next shift in my body. I am firmly in a size 16 now with a few things in a 14. I now want to get to a firm size 14.

I am hoping to shift the 2 lbs I put on last week plus a few more. 5 lbs would be excellent! That's my motivation for this week but might be a bit much to hope for, especially when I have only 6 days between weigh ins.

My main aim is to get to 11 something in the next 2 weeks. That was my deal with myself for having a weekend off. I could enjoy it but needed to get back to it and get to the 11's.

So I feel like I have lost a week but it was worth it and I am now back to being determined and in the zone.

Jx

Hey Julie. Hope your week went well. I am so proud of your ability to bounce back. I have misbehaved so badly in the past couple of weeks. I need to really get back into action. If only I could be as focussed like you. :)

Hey Julie. Hope your week went well. I am so proud of your ability to bounce back. I have misbehaved so badly in the past couple of weeks. I need to really get back into action. If only I could be as focussed like you. :)

Hi Obs, my week has been great thanks. Weigh in this morning and we will see how it goes!

I'm sure you have not been as bad as you think. Your cheats and misbehaving are usually relatively minor!! I get it though. After losing, you feel better about yourself and it is harder to stay focused isn't it? I have been trying to think, yes I want to eat that meal/chocolate/chips/whatever, but it will all still be there when I'm done. When is your weigh in?

4.25 off this week. After my 2lb gain last week, I needed that! So 0.75 away from 4 st. Think I can do that next week and then aiming for 11 something the week after.

Off out with friends today and the sun is shining!

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Jx

4.25 off this week. After my 2lb gain last week, I needed that! So 0.75 away from 4 st. Think I can do that next week and then aiming for 11 something the week after.

Off out with friends today and the sun is shining!

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Jx

That's absolutely fantastic. I am very happy for you. Have a fun weekend Julie. You totally deserve it. Xo

Well I had a lovely Saturday out with friends. Stuck to chicken and steak and gin and tonic. So had more calories but should still be in ketosis! Proud of myself as everyone else was having carb-laden stuff and cocktails I would have loved but I wasn't that bothered. So I won't have my two meals this week, just 3 products per day, to save calories for the rest if the week.

Last edited:
Well .... These past 2 days almost broke me .... Almost!! Traveling with work. Got here nice and early yesterday and thought I could have a relaxing night. Then I managed to shake my shake all over the hotel room! Everywhere! Cleaned that up but them realized I had forgotten a few things and had to go shopping.

Then today has been full on. Big pitch for something I've been working in since August. Up at 6 and had to have my shake then to get me started. Presentation done but then starving by 11. Probably because I had used up all my energy on nerves. So had a bar.

I had decided to have my 3rd product when I got home tonight but at 5pm I was absolutely ravenous! So had to buy some chicken on the way to the airport - better than a sandwich.

So I get to the airport .... Yeah, the wrong airport. I am at City and should be at Heathrow! So £160 later, I now have a flight home from city. Man, I could murder a glass of wine when I get home later. Hopefully the notion will have worn off me by then!!

So I managed to resist the wine. I was too tired by the time I got home and went straight to bed.

Official weigh in tomorrow and hoping for 3lbs that will take me to around 12 on cdc's scales. If I get there I think my bmi will move from very overweight to just overweight and below 30. So that would be a nice milestone, as well as getting to 4 st.

On my own scales this morning, I was into the11's! Major moment of disbelief! However I am c. 2-3 lbs heavier on my cdc scales so it won't be official until next week but a small victory nonetheless.

Roll on Sunday! It's terrible how I wish away the week, including Saturday, just living for weigh in day. I should get a life!

3lbs off this week taking my total loss to 4 st 2 lbs and my bmi is now under 30. Couple of good milestones met. Now to blast through the next stone!

3lbs off this week taking my total loss to 4 st 2 lbs and my bmi is now under 30. Couple of good milestones met. Now to blast through the next stone!

That is awesome awesome news Julie. And isn't it great to no longer be in the obese bmi zone?! I am now on step two and have not weighed myself this Saturday. Been a very busy week for me. Tomorrow I quit smoking and will weigh in as well. Am nervous. Wish me luck.

That is awesome awesome news Julie. And isn't it great to no longer be in the obese bmi zone?! I am now on step two and have not weighed myself this Saturday. Been a very busy week for me. Tomorrow I quit smoking and will weigh in as well. Am nervous. Wish me luck.

Good luck Obs! Stopping smoking will be a huge achievement. Let me know how your weigh in goes! J

Half lbs on today. :cry:

I had had a few occasions where I had to eat this week, a business lunch (chicken and salmon) and a family thing (steak). So I stuck to protein but clearly too many calories this week. That and time of the month is due. Damn you Mother Nature!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards! I know TOTM will be here in a day or two and I can get rid of the bloating. Going to go for a long walk today to kick start the week. I've got my step tracker looked out and will be wearing it every day to try to get 10k steps done every day. Hopefully the weather improves and I can do a few walks in the evening.

The 11's will have to wait till next week!

Weigh in today and 5.5lbs loss!! :)

That takes me to 4st 7lbs loss and into the 11's at last!!! Only 2 lbs away from my original goal, which I need to re-think now. Delighted!!

Back