Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

Sorry to hear about your chocolate binge..... it happens :wave_cry: Its done now though, so fingers crossed you can enjoy your meals out and make good choices ?

Have you thought about just recording your weds weigh ins rather than having two weigh ins a week ?

Hi hun, boo to the chocolate but you've been really good other than that little blip so choose wisely, get lots of super free in and you'll be tip top x

Hello...

Turns out I was out for lunch and dinner every day last week (and breakfast too two mornings!). Was knackering, but I did my best to make sensible descisions; no dessert, no alcohol...

So was mightily gutted to weight myself on Saturday to find the scales 5lb up!! Gah, one step forward, two steps back!!! Four days and four gym trips later I am reporting a 2lb gain which across 2 weeks I guess isn't too bad (but still darned annoying).

Am definitely staying to group tonight for a bit of a refocus, remotivation session. Even if I'm embarrassed to go when I know full well it's a gain :(

Plan for today:

:) Wednesday - green

Breakfast - banana, yoghurt, fibre plus bar (HexB)

Lunch - leftover tomato and basil risotto, spinach

Snacks - apple, pear, grapefruit

Dinner - omelette, cheesy chips (HexA + 3 syns), courgette, ketchup (1 syn)

Snack - ryvita and phili (HexB + A)

:) Thursday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - tomato and basil risotto, spinach and cucumber salad
pear

Snacks - fibre plus bar (HexB), yoghurt

Dinner - Jacket potato with baked beans and cheese (HexA), half a ripple (4.5 syns)

:) Friday - green

Breakfast - banana, apple, pear, fibre plus bar (HexB) (HUNGRY!)

Lunch - jacket potato with beans and cheese (HexA), apple

Dinner - AH lentil dhal with added prawns @(HeXB), courgette, onion and mushrooms, with rice
ice cream (10 syns)

Last edited:
Saturday - green

Lunch - leftover curry and rice (HexB for prawns)

Snacks - banana,pear, half a chocolate orange (ooops...)

Dinner - ryvita and philli (HexA + B)

Hello !

Well done on reducing your gain, those gym trips certainly paid off! Keep up the good work now, put that chocolate orange behind you and look forward to the new week ahead (hope that doesnt sound harsh ? Its not meant to).

Menus are looking good....I see you have been enjoying jacket potatoes too.... must admit I'm a big jacket potato fan and when it comes to the winter I'll be tucking right in, we almost alternate between wedges and jacket potato throughout the winter :)

Did staying to group help with motivation and focus ???

Hello!

Yes, my consultant is sooo good, she is just so positive every single week you can't help but be motivated by her!

Having said that, I had a restaurant Sunday dinner yesterday so I'm hardly being good as gold but these things happen and we all have a social life to live, so I'm just going to make sure I get to the gym today and tomorrow and I am confident the 2lb gain will be gone by Wednesday - 1lb is gone already :)

:) Sunday - EE

Breakfast - banana and apple

Lunch - roast chicken with roast potato, carrots and broccoli (gave away my Yorkshire pud and half the potatoes - there is always so much food!!). All smothered in gravy so no doubt many syns!

Snacks - fibre plus bar (HexB), coffee and tea (HexA for milk)

Dinner - pasta with pesto (2 syns) and fat free fromage frais

:) Monday - EE

Breakfast - banana, grapefruit with sweetener

Lunch - pasta with passata and vegetables, pear, apple

Dinner - chicken and veg pie, topped with mash (HexA+B for cheddar and parmesan in the pie)

Hee hee, I can't take any credit for it, it is from a SW magazine!! But it is yummy!

As was my chicken pie last night (although obviously not one for you veggies!):

Fried onion, chopped chicken, peppers, courgette, aubergine and mushroom in a deepish pan.
Added lots of sage and 130g reduced fat cheddar and 84g parmesan. Stirred all together, covered with mashed potato and popped in the oven to cook for about 15mins.

I adapted it from a proper pastry-pie I used to make and it was delicious. 6 Hexs but would serve 6 so not bad at all.

Hey PCS!

How're you doing? Sounds like you've done really well to get rid of the gain you had. I don't know how you cope with eating out so much for work-I'd really struggle to choose sensibly! But you do a brilliant job :)

Kelly.x

Back