Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

Is the Zumba class new? Maybe she didn't wanna throw you all in at the deep end?
Hahaha, good luck getting the kitty in the carrier! It's amazing how quick they get back in to them after the vet has poked, prodded, and stuck sharp things in to them :p

You know I really hadn't noticed about my BMI. Thanks so much for pointing it out :D

Hello All,

Cat was a a pain in the arse! We ended up taking the lid off the carrier completely, putting treats in the tray of the box then sandwiching him in with the lid. He then went a bit mental jiggling the box around. He was good as gold once we got to the vet's though, as always! And he did get back in his box without any fuss after the injection and weigh in (6.5kg! But according to the vet he's not overweight, he's just a big cat - wish the doctors would say the same to me :) )

Had a lovely day yesterday, went shopping in Meadowhall then went to see Stephen Merchant doing stand up in Sheffield. We had planned a meal out but I was so stuffed from a mahoosive brunch that we didn't bother and just had pasta when we got back home.

:) Saturday - EE

Brunch - banana,pear
2 quorn sausages (free), scrambled egg, fried onion and tomatoes
Slice of toast (HexB) with peanut butter (4 syns)

Snacks - Toffee crisp clusters (18 syns)

Dinner - pasta with philli (HexA)

:) Sunday - red

Lunch - turkey breast salad, ryvita and philli light (HexB + HexA)

Snacks - pear, apple, cereal and milk (HexB + HexA)

Dinner - quorn sausages (2 free, 2 new - 2 syns), BNS mash, green beans
pineapple chunks

:) Monday - green

Breakfast - grapefruit with sweetener

Lunch - couscous with butternut squash and sage
pear, apple

Snacks - pear, 2 pieces of toblerone (13 syns), fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - pasta with veggies and passata, grated cheese (HexA)

And a gym trip planned for this evening too :)

Attachments

• 1317063282439.jpg
    1317063282439.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Looking tip top lovely... am jealous of your peanut butter control, I'd have polished the whole jar off if it was in the house, hehe x

I do love peanut butter :)
Didn't end up having any yesterday after all though since I'd already gorged on toblerone! Oink!

:) Tuesday - red

Breakfast - grapefruit with sweetener

Lunch - tuna and cucumber mayo (0.5 syns) on ryvita (HexB) with salad

Snacks - Pear, apple, 2 pieces of toblerone (13 syns)

Dinner - Pork and veg stirfry (5.5 syns for a sweet chilli stirfry sauce), broccoli

Scales down to 177.4 today, which is all I need to count a 2lb loss this week. Let's hopeI can keep it off until tomorrow.... Another gym trip is in order tonight I think! :)

Attachments

• 1317150506700.jpg
    1317150506700.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
2lbs off for me this week as planned :) 177.2lbs :)

I was 173lb last Christmas so I hope I can be lighter by this Christmas. In which case the year will have been a slimming success despite my three months of piling it on :)

Let's hope the SW scales agree with mine this week...

:) Wednesday - EE

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - leftovers! a spoonful of pasta and veg from Monday, a few spoonfuls of pork stirfry from last night and a dividing wall of broccoli :)

Snacks - apple, pear, fibre plus bar (HexB), twix (14 syns)

Dinner - beetroot risotto with rocket and parmesan shavings (HexA)

Attachments

• 1317236775090.jpg
    1317236775090.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Well done Prawny, you're doing brilliantly, am glad I'm not the only one who makes a wall in their food to stop bits touching.... hate it when the egg and beans touch so have to make a chip wall. xx

Well done on your 2lb :) I'm sure this year is going to be a slimming success for you if you carry on doing what you're doing...... its certainly working well for you :) I'm looking forward to Christmas already to be honest - he he!

:) Thursday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - leftover beetroot risotto with rocket and cherry tomatoes

Snacks - pear, carrot, fibre plus bar (hexB)

Dinner - jacket potato with baked beans and cheese (HexA), couple of brownie bites (6 syns?)

Last edited:
Hi Lou, I love risotto, yummy and stodgy :)

I fry off some onion and celery then add the risotto rice. Gradually add stock for about 15 mins and let the rice absorb it.
Then add a pack of beetroot and its juice (just the vacuum packed stuff, not in vinegar obviously :) ), maybe a bit more stock and just keep stirring until the rice is how you like it.

It's delicious, the beetroot makes it nice and sweet. i think the recipe says to add dill at the end too but I'm not a big fan so just add a bit of pepper. A HexA of grated parmesan stirred in or sprinkled over the top is really good too :)

Oooh, I fancy it right now! Oh no, wait, I've got curry and chips for tea later, better save myself. Diet? What diet?! How do I manage to fall off the wagon with meals like these??!! :)

Ha ha - I know what you mean with curry and chips :) We should count ourselves lucky really!

Enjoy your tea!

Thank you!

:) Friday - green
Breakfast - banana

Lunch - jacket potato with beans and cheese (HexA), cherry tomatoes
pear, apple

Snacks - fibre plus bar (HexB), ryvita and philli (HexA+B)

Dinner - AH lentil dhal with added courgette and mushrooms and rice

Last edited:
:) Saturday - green

Brunch - pasta with philidelphia (Hex B+A) and salad

Dinner - Chips (3 syns) with spaghetti hoops and leftover curry from yesterday

:) Sunday - EE

Breakfast - banana, pear

Lunch - low fat supernoodles with sweetcorn

Dinner - Lasagne (HexA for cheese) with salad
Pineapple chunks
Followed by chocolate binge :(

Scales are 2lb up this morning from all the chocolate (Probably about a week's worth of syns - oink) and I'm out for dinner tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday for work . Think things are going to be bad on Wednesday WI...

Back