Advice for the PrawnchopSuey

:) Wednesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - yummy pasta salad - mixed leaves, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, pasta and mayonnaise (1.5 syns)
pear
3 babybel light (HexA)

Snack - apple, ryvita (Half HexB) with tuna mayo (0.5 syns)

Dinner - egg fried rice with peas, sweetcorn and bacon and courgette
Fat free Onken strawberry yoghurt

Total syns: 2
Weekly syns: 5/45

Bad news - we're taking out OH's parents for dinner at the weekend to thank them for looking after the cat every time we go away (which is quite a lot...) and his mum has decided on Chinese. I am saving quite a few syns so far this week though so hopefully won't do too much damage :(

Attachments

• 1313609917903.jpg
    1313609917903.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 28
:) Thursday - green

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - Pasta salad: brown pasta, mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, mayonnaise (2 syns)
pear, apple

Dinner - spicy veg couscous, goat's cheese (HexB x 2 and HexA - you don't get much for 28g!), corn on the cob
Twix (14 syns)

Total syns: 16
Weekly syns: 21 / 60

Attachments

• 1313697067843.jpg
    1313697067843.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 29
Hi hun, looking good, you enjoying being back on plan? Hope you have a lovely weekend... have got corn on cob craving now!! x

Am loving being back on plan!!

It makes no sense how being on plan makes you feel so much better and less sluggish than eating rubbish, and yet it is so easy to fall off the wagon! I need a good spanking, I would be at least a stone lighter than I am now if I hadn't gone AWOL!

Oh well, my little detour might add a few months onto the weight loss slog, but I will still get there in the end :)

And also, I went back to the SW group this week on Wednesday evening and actually quite enjoyed it (not least becasue I got to see a 4.5lb loss written in my new book!). The consultant is really nice and so supportive and interested in each group member, and the group are really friendly. When I joined a group in 2008 I just felt like a big fat wally and, being quite shy, felt like a spare part. This group seemed much friendlier - I might even go back for week 3 ;)
Since it's taster week, it would be rude not to, surely?!

Now, what to make to take with me....

Yay - week 3 sounds fab hun, do it, do it... why not take a half syn roulade? Or some little chocolate truffles made out of choc and quark x

I know what you mean...thinking that I could be really close to target by now, but it's not a race and we have to remember it's that we get there and stay where we want to be eventually.

Maybe this new group is what you need. I know that's what I needed and my new C is so good!

Thank you ladies, yes it might be what I need Meli, I'll give it a shot!

Chocolate truffles sound goooood, not sure I'd be able to limit myself though. Was thinking of doing sushi rolls, but am a bit scared since I'm new at the group that everyone'll think I'm trying to be posh!
Gobolino has a yummy looking recipe for scan bran muffins which I might give a go.... decisions, decisions :)

:) Friday - green

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - leftover couscous and veg, pear

Snack - apple, fibre plus bar (HexB)

Dinner - chickpea dahl with chips (2 syns)
Fat free Onken strawberry yoghurt

Snack - cereal and milk (hex A + B)
Twix (14 syns)

Not doing very well on my syns. Chinese meal out has been cancelled now. Clearly need to eat some ice cream this weekend ;)

Total syns: 16
Weekly syns: 37 / 75

Attachments

• 1313780809376.jpg
    1313780809376.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Loving the positivity Prawny! :D Sounds like the group has been a well needed boost! Definitely think you should make the most of it....why not eh? Support is one of the most important things on this mission we're on. Sushi sounds like a fab idea.....I think people will be glad of a new idea....be brave ;) xx

Ohh def sushi, make some cucumber ones etc, that way "scared" people will try some... none of my friends use to eat sushi as "eww, i don't like raw fish", they don't realise it's the rice that makes it sushi not raw fish. x

Oh yes, it would be veggie sushi, and maybe a bit of tuna mayo in some. I am always dubious about the quality of supermarket fish for using it raw! And am not keen on smoked salmon...

:) Saturday - green

Breakfast - fat free strawberry youghurt, pear, apple

Lunch - sushi snack from tesco (I'm going through a sushi phase!)(1.5 syns), ripple (9 syns)

Dinner - curry out at a restuarant - HexB for crab and prawns, other hexs to cancel out some of the syns....am going to guesstimate 30 syns in all. Drank diet coke

Total syns: 40.5
Weekly syns: 77.5 / 90

Well, it's OH's birthday on Wednesday so I took him out for dinner for a treat. He chose Indian so we went to a lovely resturant in an old mill which we hadn't been to before but I'd heard good things about. I tried to choose wisely, I had a crab and potato purée for starter and a prawn curry for main (can't remember the name but it was a chef's special and meant to be quite dry so I thought there would be less ghee involved. Turns out it was saucier than expecteed...). Had plain rice and half a naan with it, so allowing 13 syns for naan and 17 syns for the two courses.

Hope you're having good weekends :)

Last edited:
Ohh, that sounds like a gorgeous meal hun, good work on only half a naan bread too, I always eat a tiny square until everyone has finished then I'll keep tearing bits off whilst waiting for plates to be taken away... hehe, am so bad!

What have you got planned for your sunny Sunday? x

Hey PrawnChopSuey!

I sense that you have your mojo back :) :) :) I went through a sushi snack phase too, ha ha! It feels so naughty, plus I had mine from M+S in my lunch time which meant a 30min walk too- win win situation! Good luck for your next weigh in, really glad you're enjoying your class too :)

:) Sunday - red

Brunch - apple, fibre plus bar (hexB)

Snack - 3 millionaire's shortbread pieces (? syns)

Dinner - tuna steak, new potatoes (220g - HexB even though it looks like way more in the photo!), ratatouille
fat free Onken strawberry yoghurt

Total syns: not sure
Weekly syns: well within 105 :)

Went into Leeds today to stock up at the Liz Earle shop and to try and find the ingredients for sushi. In my local Morrisons, courgettes are found in the "exotic vegetables" section, so there's not much chance of finding dried seaweed sheets or wasabi paste! Couldn't find anything in Leeds today either though so think I'll have to buy some stuff online. Means I can't make sushi for Wednesday though... scan bran muffins it is :)

Weigh in tomorrow morning. I think I've only lost a pound but never mind, every little helps ;)

Attachments

• 1313957282625.jpg
    1313957282625.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 19
Hahaha - almost spat my coffee out at: "in my local Morrisons, courgettes are found in the "exotic vegetables" section"... have a look by the curry bits, think mine has seaweed sheets, Tesco def does! xxx

1lb off for me as suspected. A little disappointed as for week 2 I thought I could get rid of more but never mind, a pound's still a pound.

I've scoured so many supermarkets for this sushi stuff, it's driving me mad. I live in proper mining country in Yorkshire and it's real meat n two veg territory (or ready meal territory looking at the contents of our local supermarkets...). Looked in Tesco, Morrisons, Asda, Sainsburys and can't find anything! Going to Holland and Barrat's for a pack of scan bran for the muffins today, and just had a brainwave that they might sell seaweed??! Worth a shot!

Hi hun... let me know what you want and I'll post it to you? Is no trouble at all, but hopefully you've found it by now.. can post it to your work if you prefer? x

Not sure if you've got one but I picked up a sushi making kit with all the bits, in our local B&M store. It's a bit hit and miss what they have but you can get lucky.
Have you got any Chinese supermarkets you can get to? We've got a small one (for the students) and they sell all the bits. Failing that what about a dept store food hall, I think our house of Fraser does sushi bits

Back