Advice from people who have used a vibro?

BetsyBotox

Silver Member
My Hubby bought me a vibro (that sounds naughty) It came on Monday, so I have used it for 2 days. I have been getting up in the morning feeling as if I've done 12 rounds with Mike Tyson! All sore and achey. Is this normal? Do you feel like this the next day?

I joined a ladies gym today. I'm scared as I'm losing the weight a bit too quickly for my liking. I don't want too much loose skin.

I know that sounds vain but I have friends who have busted their asses and lost so much weight but they are left with saggy skin that makes them so unhappy. They told me that they would rather be fat than have the skin :( I think that's a really sad thing to say. I always said I don't give a damn if my skin is loose, as long as I'm fit and healthy. They told me they said the same thing but when it came the crunch, they didn't feel that way at all. I don't want to feel like that, so I want to try my best to prevent it as much as I can.

hey Bets hun x
i don't feel like that at all though i know that some do.
only thing i've had is an achy left arm for some reason.

i'm not surprised you feel like that though.they are meant to do the same thing as 1 hour running.
don't forget that you've not been well either and that may have something to do with it.

least you know it's working if you can feel it.

what setting are you using?maybe change it and see if that helps.
i just whack mine up to full power and stand there with a twist thrown in for good luck now and again x

hi

my bro in law has one.. he said that he woke up (at start)..muscles aching..

its like anything when you start excercising (when you are not used to it), you ache until you build up a resistance.. then it goes...

best of luck with it! great for losing inches........

myself and Betsy got ours from next.they were £99.
they help you to tone up as your losing weight.
i use mine 3 times a day for 10 mins each time.
very easy!!

Hey Betsy

Now and again ive felt a little achey from the vibroplate but like tafflass said not as much as what others have experienced! Mines only a cheap one though and im sure there are different types/materials in which they can be made out of?? Mines a plastic platform so not sure whether its more effective on metal? I do though on Saturday have a trial run at my local beauty salon on their new 'body action' plate, so only then could I really tell if mine lives up to the horsepower of a proper vibro trainer. (god that sounds so wrong :p)

I know how you feel with the skin issues, Ive found that the vibroplate has helped me (not much loose skin really), but moisturising daily with lots of water helps keep the skins elasticity to keep it firm and subtle.

If in the event you do have a little loose skin by the end, the only way is to give it time to spring back a little, surgery BUT the best thing you can do is try to build muscle in the trouble areas so muscle builds where the fat used to lie if that makes sense???

Sorry im not much help, thats all I can think of :) xxx

I use the crazy fit vibro plate at the sun bed shop near work, used to use the flabelos one near where I live. Not finding this one as good as the flabelos one. Has anyone else used the crazy fit version? Would love to buy my own. I go for 10mins 5x a week, could quite happily do more, but time and money get in the way!

When I first started using it, felt nothing the day after but day 2 and 3 my legs and bum were really sore. Felt good though, it made me feel that at least it was working lol.

hey Bets hun x
i don't feel like that at all though i know that some do.
only thing i've had is an achy left arm for some reason.

i'm not surprised you feel like that though.they are meant to do the same thing as 1 hour running.
don't forget that you've not been well either and that may have something to do with it.

least you know it's working if you can feel it.

what setting are you using?maybe change it and see if that helps.
i just whack mine up to full power and stand there with a twist thrown in for good luck now and again x

Thanks darlin. Do you twist more with your left arm? Are you left handed? Maybe after doing it a while I'll get used to it. It doesn't bother me that much as it wears off once I'm up and mobile. Could be to do with my stooopid bacteria thingymajig that's peeing me off. You're right though - At least I know it's working.

I'm using the highest setting, I like to feel it strong! Sadist, I know. I'm twisting the whole time. I absolutely love it! Best £99 spend! Thank you so much for recommending it!

my bro in law has one.. he said that he woke up (at start)..muscles aching..

its like anything when you start excercising (when you are not used to it), you ache until you build up a resistance.. then it goes...

best of luck with it! great for losing inches........

Thanks TBASM! Has he lost many inches while using it? I was thinking that - once I'm used to it, the aches will ease!

i have the crazy fit one only used it three times so far woke up once with my muscles in my legs but nothing else. i never put mine on full power coz ur meant to go up the levels gradually like a normal exercise. so only reached 35 as of yet. its cool thou my aunt had ms and she loves it.

Hey Betsy

Now and again ive felt a little achey from the vibroplate but like tafflass said not as much as what others have experienced! Mines only a cheap one though and im sure there are different types/materials in which they can be made out of?? Mines a plastic platform so not sure whether its more effective on metal? I do though on Saturday have a trial run at my local beauty salon on their new 'body action' plate, so only then could I really tell if mine lives up to the horsepower of a proper vibro trainer. (god that sounds so wrong :p)

I know how you feel with the skin issues, Ive found that the vibroplate has helped me (not much loose skin really), but moisturising daily with lots of water helps keep the skins elasticity to keep it firm and subtle.

If in the event you do have a little loose skin by the end, the only way is to give it time to spring back a little, surgery BUT the best thing you can do is try to build muscle in the trouble areas so muscle builds where the fat used to lie if that makes sense???

Sorry im not much help, thats all I can think of :) xxx

Thanks Jodie! Ours was only £99 from Next, so not expensive, but my God it really does work! Look at Tafflass's losses! I don't think it really matters whether you spend little or lots, it's still the same mechanics? I love this one already, especially the twisty aspect - good for the obliques (although I don't know if I have any of them at the minute!)

Ooh you'll have to let me know how the body action plate goes, as there is one next door to the chemist where I weigh in. 'The first and only in Northern Ireland' apparently. I was thinking of having a go after weigh in one day! Saying I paid an extra £12 on top of my membership at the gym and I get unlimited use of their huge vibro thingy with lessons and a programme while on it. I'll be vibro knackered!

Yeah, I do moisturise like a crazy woman, I'm constantly slimey hehe. I've had 3 babies though and my weigh has been up and down like a yoyo over the years, so not much hope for me! I was a gym freak at one time and believe it or not still have muscle definition beneath all the fat! I hope the skin clings to the muscle for dear life.

You made great sense and were a great help! Thank you very much!

I use the crazy fit vibro plate at the sun bed shop near work, used to use the flabelos one near where I live. Not finding this one as good as the flabelos one. Has anyone else used the crazy fit version? Would love to buy my own. I go for 10mins 5x a week, could quite happily do more, but time and money get in the way!

When I first started using it, felt nothing the day after but day 2 and 3 my legs and bum were really sore. Felt good though, it made me feel that at least it was working lol.

Yes! My legs and bum were the worse! I also felt very tight around where my collarbones are meant to be. I've read of people in here who use crazy fit. I think Caren was one. I can't recommend the one Tafflass and I have enough - £99 from Next. Look at Tafflass's results, amazing. You're right though - If it's hurting, it's working.

Thanks Liz.

Last edited:
i have the crazy fit one only used it three times so far woke up once with my muscles in my legs but nothing else. i never put mine on full power coz ur meant to go up the levels gradually like a normal exercise. so only reached 35 as of yet. its cool thou my aunt had ms and she loves it.

Thanks Anne-Marie. I didn't get instructions with mine, so me being me just blasted it at full power. Maybe the reason I'm an achey! Did you take your measurements before you started?

Aww that's great that your Aunt gets relief and benefit from it. I've read lots of stories online about people with illness who have benefited greatly. My physiotherapist actually recommended one.

Hiya, I use the powerplate everytime I go to the gym and I'm okay with it now, but when I first started using it I ached like I've never ached before. Maybe I'm just a bit maschistic because I always figure no pain no gain, ha ha.

Apparently it's great for getting rid of cellulite and improving circulation too, bonus.

Hiya, I use the powerplate everytime I go to the gym and I'm okay with it now, but when I first started using it I ached like I've never ached before. Maybe I'm just a bit maschistic because I always figure no pain no gain, ha ha.

Apparently it's great for getting rid of cellulite and improving circulation too, bonus.

Thank you Surfhunny! I know this sounds mean but it's good to hear others are suffering or have suffered! Makes me feel better as I was beginning to think I was a wimp. The cellulite ridding is a welcome bonus, and I'm hoping the blood circulates better to my hands and feet. I love ketosis but my God the being cold all the time is getting to me. I'm all hats, scarves and wooly jumpers and it isn't even October.

Yeah, no pain, no gain is so true. That's my new motto!

Wow!!! 35! When I go they put me on programme 3, which is one min of 4, then one of 10, then one of 4, then one of 16, and so on for 10 mins, so 16 is the highest I have ever used!!! Do you use a programme or alter it yourself?

there is loads of sites that give you ideas for exercises and how to do things the correct way just google vibroplate exercises you should get a good range of stuff

Will have a look, that's great, thanks very much for the tips.

I have the Crazy Fit, I've only been using it for a little over a week as it was delivered with a faulty part & it took ages to get a new one. But, yeah, I'm quite achy!! I have been doing lots of different poses, I'm not sure if that's going to make a difference to how you feel afterwards? Anyway, I'm finding the ache encouraging & also read somewhere on my search for exercises that it should make you feel like you've done a workout - I know if I'd done work on those areas at the gym there'd be a bit of pain the first few weeks.

I know what you mean about the skin - the prospect is really starting to worry me, but, hopefully this will make a bit of a difference to the damage done & remember, it does take up to eighteen months for it to spring back!

Hannah

I booked a session of 4 -10 mins at my local sunbed place glad really i didn't go out and buy one as i hated it it really hurt my legs and knees ..but others have great results with it
If you ache now surly you will build musle and be ok soon

debz x

Back