advice from ww leader

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by kirsty2012, 16 January 2008 Social URL.

1. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    i'm confused now, ok so did the kickstart for 2 weeks at 22pts a day and for my weight and height age etc i'm meant to have 24pts and i also put that i sat most of the time which isn't really that true but didn't want to give myself more points than really needed.

Anyway the leader asks me how mny points should i be on nowand i said 24, she looked at me and said well i wouldn't do 24 cos you don't look like you need 24 so i would do 22 all the time. ok so what happens if my body gets used to 22 and when the actual time comes when i do need 22 for weight etc would i then have to drop to 20 just to keep losing weight, if you see what i mean?

what would you do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nicnak

nicnak Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I dont see how you can LOOK like you need a certain number of points,surely its all based of scientific workings out?.... i'd just stick to 24 unless you stop loosing

Nicole x

4. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi Kirsty i don't know i can't advice really but im in the same boat as you i don't sit all the time but im not constantly on the go so i have set myself 23 points i would be interested what others thought of your question as i have wondered about that myself.

5. ThinLizzy

ThinLizzy Wants to be a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I agree, I would also stick to the 24 until you need to drop to 22....I am on 23 at the moment, and there is no way that I would drop to 22 until I am down that next stone bracket. At the end of the day it has got nothing to do with what you look like, you are playing it by the book and that has got to be right!! I think that if you drop to 22 all the time, you will have it in your mind that you have got to keep dropping to loose, which you shouldnt feel like that....if I were you I would stick to 24, and feel comfortable and happy with that until the time comes to go lower properly....if you drop to 22, then yes, the weight loss might be that fractional bit faster, same with anyone, but for the long term goal here, I think its best to go by the points that you know you are meant to be having....hope all that rambling I have just done there makes sense!!

6. nicnak

nicnak Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I've put myself on 19 as i dont seem to come into any of the catagorys for how active i am so allowed myself 1 point for that bit

Nicole

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

If it was me, I would try one week sticking to the 24 points - if after that week of sticking to it 100% I didn't lose any weight, THEN I would try the following week on one less point, I would continue to do that until I got to a week where I actually lost weight and then I'd stick with that. I would then drop 1 point every time I dropped into the next stone as usual.

But that's just my opinion and I don't claim to be an expert, heehee.

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That seems really weird advice Kirsty. I think Id be inclined to stick with 24, after all the points we need have been well researched by WW. Seems almost irresponsible for the leader to be basically making up a points allowance. What would put me off it if you start saving points, ie 3 or 4 for a few days, that means youre actually 5 or 6 under your proper allowance which could have an adverse effect on your weight loss.

Id stick with 24 for now

9. Jayne33

Jayne33 Fighting for My Health

Start Weight:
    20st12.4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.9lb(16.04%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution Plus
    If it were me and I lost weight on it, I would stick to 24. If I didn't lose weight on it, I would still stick to 24, but up my exercise until it was time to drop the points according to the points quiz.

Good luck :)

x

10. dellybelly

dellybelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers propoints
    Sheesh - sometimes I wonder where they get their leaders from!........ you "look" like you should be on 22 points! .

I don't look like I'm almost 16 stone but I am and wouldn't dream of listening to such silly advice.
    Stick to the book Kirsty. You're time enough to be on 22 points per day when you've dropped 2 stone.....

sheesh.... honestly.

11. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    thanks girls, i will try and get the 24pts in, i do struggle sometimes eating the points but like you say i don't want it going the other way and slowing the losses down.

12. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

pass the points over chick im on 25 and dont struggle lol;)

13. Jayne33

Jayne33 Fighting for My Health

Start Weight:
    20st12.4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.9lb(16.04%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution Plus
    I wouldn't struggle with a few of those spare points either! lol :D:sigh:

x

14. nicnak

nicnak Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    if you struggle to use them them then save them up for a treat at the end of the week

Nicole x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.