Red Days Advice needed from all those Red day Fans out there

maypole

loves to eat
Hi,

I am a green girl through & through & dabble in extra easy every now & then but thought I would try a red week. I have two problems. I HATE fish & work lates at the moment so everything has to be microwave friendly & be able to carried on the bus to work but I am bored of salads & stews.

HELP

Thanks in advance

Hi, I'm not going to be too much help here but just want to say I'm in a similar boat. The fact that you're trying a red WEEK is very brave! I too am a green girl at heart, I do try EE but I love my healthy extras too much. I dont eat meat, but I eat fish (which is different to you!), which means if I go red I just have fish for lunch and evening meal..... I do think its worth doing now and again though.

Good luck with your week!

I'm only doing as my friend (a bloke)has joined with me last week & he is beating me by eating half a cow most days :rolleyes:

I love my Red days but think us men eat way more meat than women in general. Red days seem to be working for me. Thing thing I find is that I can cook a nice roast joint of Beef and then have it cold the next couple of days with salad or a small jacket potatoe so that makes life easier. I am also addicted to the coriandor and chiili meatballs with a spicy tomatoe sauce, They are just divine.

I would say a bog batch cooking session is needed at the weekend then to see you through the week.

You can make:

Cottage pie topped with carrot & swede instead of potato (We all love this in our house, cooked with plenty of vegies in & worchestershire sauce, yummy!)

Homemade Meatballs & Chilli Sauce

Homemade Burgers - have them with a Co-op wholemeal pitta bread (HEb)

Chilli

Quiche

You could go down the salad line with things like chicken & bacon, sausages etc.

The list is endless really, maybe take a nose on the recipe section for meals you can cook & portion up??

I tend to do red days more than green anyway & lunches aren't a problem for us :)

Quiche made with onion and bacon is always a favourite of mine on red. Chicken Cake is yummy hot and cold. Bacon and Egg. Omelettes. Steak with salad. Cold meat with pickles. Read through some food diaries to get ideas.

chilli warmed up and put in a pitta with some leaves
Chicken drumsticks that u can eat cold
omlette with bacon n cheese

or a soup, leek and bacon, tomato and chorizo, chicken etc

Hi there

I started on EE but have been doing all red days for about 10 weeks and I love them... I find the protein helps keep me feel full for longer -although I don't eat huge amounts of meat at any 1 sitting either, and having to control my carbs is a good thing for me as Im a carbohydrate junky by nature :p

some of our faves are :-
  • coq au vin *
  • stifado*
  • tuscan chicken *
  • buffalo chicken/pork * -nice cold for lunches
  • home made burgers/meatballs -I like these cold too :p
*all from the SW "world of flavours" cook book...
then I make bolognaises etc, fish pies .....
I did do an EE day last week as we were out n about and I felt really bloated and yukky at the end of it and I know it was down to having more rice etc....

I love Chicken and Pepper kebabs - cooked the night before can be eaten cold and maybe marinade the chicken in something.

Steak and Cheese pitta

Beefburgers made with ELF Mince

Slimming world quiche with mushroom and bacon and topped with a HEA of cheese! yum!

xxx Good luck - i love Red days! xxx

Back