Advice needed - not at all related to food!!

Thank you all so much for your advice. It's been a long and tiring day and I am no clearer. I have to say I would feel really disloyal phoning social services at this point. He's not very old, certainly not doddery, so I don't think he needs help from that point of view.

If the problem persists I will though. My hubby thinks he won't come again. We'll see! But, oh i so hope he doesn't.

I really hate the situation where you try to do something nice for someone and then feel like it's backfired on you. No wonder the world's such a mean place!

Although you lot have certainly shown it can be a nice place too. I have been genuinely touched by all your comments today. Thanks you so so much.

I'll keep you posted on what happens. You can bet your last dollar that I'll be taking the batteries out of the doorbell tonight though!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Yey! I got a rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woop woop! Thanks.x

Yey! I got a rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woop woop! Thanks.x

err... actually will someone help me out please, prob being really dopey but what is a rep? I get that its a good thing but where does it come from? how do you get a rep? I saw it on my CP page but who puts it there.... I know, sometimes I can be a real durrr :eek: sorry in advance

Some of the things he's doing, like having little sense of daily timing etc sound like my great aunt, who turned out to have the onset of dementia.
It can happen at an early age, and I do think my aunts condition was worse because she lived alone and could be as odd as she liked for hours on end without anyone realising for some time!

Having said that, he could be perfectly competent still, but have always been a strange chap!

err... actually will someone help me out please, prob being really dopey but what is a rep? I get that its a good thing but where does it come from? how do you get a rep? I saw it on my CP page but who puts it there.... I know, sometimes I can be a real durrr :eek: sorry in advance

You've got 3 reps, down at the bottom left of your message. it just means that someone has given you a virtual pat on the back for giving a positive response to their message. I think you also get them for posting lots of messages. I don't know how it works exactly, something to do with points. If you put reps in the search forum bit there's more info there.

You can give other people rep points too, by clicking on the little weighing scales on the left of the post.

Hope that helps.

Some of the things he's doing, like having little sense of daily timing etc sound like my great aunt, who turned out to have the onset of dementia.
It can happen at an early age, and I do think my aunts condition was worse because she lived alone and could be as odd as she liked for hours on end without anyone realising for some time!Having said that, he could be perfectly competent still, but have always been a strange chap!

Interesting! Three points of interest linked to that...

1- He came round on Saturday night when my mum and dad were babysitting. Apparently after he left my mum asked dad if he thought Pat was drunk, because his conversation was so rambly.

2- Last night he was repeating things with James, my husband - like telling him the bike story again.

3- During long nights I mentioned before, where we would be outside smoking, we could often hear him shouting / talking VERY loud...like at 3am.

Having said that, he's clearly intelligent, is always well dressed (despite scruffiest house in the village). Doesn't that show a certain level of competency?

BUT, you have opened up a new arena there, which links back to the social services etc doesn't it? Think I'll mention it to James.

Oh, this is all so confusing! What happened to your auntie?

She had to go into an old folks home as she kept setting fire to things! My Dad went round and found her roasting a huge piece of old meat, with a yogurt in the oven too!! Plastic melting and burning all over!

She also kept wandering off at night.

Once she got into a home she went through 3 before settling, she kept trying to escape from one, and hit the nurses. She's fine where she is now though, so we think the staff at the other places weren't very nice to her and thats why she played up so much.

I should add that she is 97.....

Hi Katherine just wanted to say I was thinking of you at 9pm last night did you get a good nights sleep?? has he bothered you again?

Please don't be harsh on yourself kindness is a wonderful quality to have your kids are very lucky.

Looking at it from the old mans point of view I bet you're the only 2 people to show any kindness and comfort for years and years, but looking at the last post you have posted sounds a bit odd, maybe a little call to S.S wouldn't be too bad again you are doing it out of kindness, it would benefit him too sounds like he literally has no-one.

You can't help being kind hun my hubby is always telling me off for going out of my way for people, if it were me I'd probably invite him round for christmas dinner too :eek:

Let us know how you get on it will give you piece of mind even if you just enquire to s.s don't think you are wasting their time they are there to help in situations like this, take care xx

Hi all,

He didn't come round last night, thankfully. I had a slightly better night's sleep and things are looking slightly rosier. Thanks again for concern.xxx

Thanks Katherine! I took a look at the tool bar and found the info, now I know what it is I can give pats on the back too!

Hope things are ok with your neighbour :)

Interesting! Three points of interest linked to that...

1- He came round on Saturday night when my mum and dad were babysitting. Apparently after he left my mum asked dad if he thought Pat was drunk, because his conversation was so rambly.

2- Last night he was repeating things with James, my husband - like telling him the bike story again.

3- During long nights I mentioned before, where we would be outside smoking, we could often hear him shouting / talking VERY loud...like at 3am.

Having said that, he's clearly intelligent, is always well dressed (despite scruffiest house in the village). Doesn't that show a certain level of competency?

BUT, you have opened up a new arena there, which links back to the social services etc doesn't it? Think I'll mention it to James.

Oh, this is all so confusing! What happened to your auntie?

i would contact social services - even if it is to get advice on what to do. some of the things you have mentioned could be a number of things such as mental health or something like asperger's syndrome.

i would just like to say how nice it is of you be so caring xxxxx

Ah thanks...although all the negative thoughts I've been having aren't very caring!!!

Bizarrely, as I arrived home from work yesterday, James (Hubby) came out to help me unload bags and children. Pat walked past, all of us there, less than a meter away and completely ignored us! Not a word! And there was no way he didn't see us. Bizarro!!!

Happily, the stress of this week appears to have taken its toll on my metabolism. I seem to have shifted a larger than usual amount of weight, so hoorah for ridiculous worries!

Is your name Katherine, KittyKat? That is one of the many nick-names I have been given too.

xx

Back