Advice needed on cooking FROZEN chicken asap please :)

I was going to cook a chicken curry in the slow cooker for tonights dinner BUT, forgot to lift out the chicken thighs. Now they can be cooked from frozen, can somebody give me any advice as to if I can cook a curry from them in the slow cooker from frozen??

I was going to cook a chicken curry in the slow cooker for tonights dinner BUT, forgot to lift out the chicken thighs. Now they can be cooked from frozen, can somebody give me any advice as to if I can cook a curry from them in the slow cooker from frozen??

I would never cook chicken from frozen - can't you defrost it in the microwave?

I would never cook chicken from frozen - can't you defrost it in the microwave?

oh now you see I won't defrost in the microwave :p I have cooked it in the oven from frozen before & it was absolutely fine, just dubeous with it being in the slow cooker:rolleyes:

Defrost in microwave I'd say, xx

I wouldn't microwave to defrost either, but would cook in the oven from frozen (but only the ones you buy frozen that say you can) I wouldn't put them in the slow cooker either. It doesn't ever get hot enough to defrost them properly I don't think

yeah that makes sence. It is a bag of frozen ones that you can cook from frozen that I keep in for emergency quick dinners! It always amazes me that they cook in about 35-40mins from frozen & I am always worried I'll poison us all, haha!!

I only ever use the microwave to re-heat or cook frozen sweetcorn/pea's etc - I am not a huge microwave fan for cooking at all as I have no idea what i'm doing :eek:

I usually defrost all meat in the microwave...it keeps the juices in the meat, rather than in a pool that's escaped if you defrost naturally. It's all down to personal opinion :)

Could you do the rest of the curry sauce in the slow cooker, but cook the chicken in the oven and just add it to the slow cooker nearer the end?

dudette2001uk said:
Could you do the rest of the curry sauce in the slow cooker, but cook the chicken in the oven and just add it to the slow cooker nearer the end?

I was gonna suggest something similar as I wouldn't defrost chicken in a microwave, enjoy :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would make something else, and use the chicken when it has defrosted properly. I would think that the slow cooker would not raise the temperature of the meat sufficiently from frozen for it to be properly cooked. It really isn't worth the risk.

I defrost all meat in the micro and haven't died yet.

Then again I eat reheated rice and leftovers that stayed on the stove top overnight, so maybe I'm not the best person to listen to!

I guess, food wise Every day I face a thousand ways to die....... ;)

Shrimpy said:
I defrost all meat in the micro and haven't died yet.

Then again I eat reheated rice and leftovers that stayed on the stove top overnight, so maybe I'm not the best person to listen to!

I guess, food wise Every day I face a thousand ways to die....... ;)

You must have an iron constitution! My OH will eat leftovers that have sat out all night to.

Oh will reheat Chinese from bight before including rice, prawns etc...I'm too scared for my belly for most of this! Last time I reheated rice results were...ummm...not good!

LOL, Iron bellies for the win!!!!!!!!

Back