Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Advice needed on my recipe idea??!!

Discussion in 'Exante - Recipes' started by hjc77, 13 February 2011 Social URL.

1. hjc77

hjc77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.42%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi all, well since I've made my way over from having just shakes on Lipotrim to doing 3 Exante shakes (when they arrive!) a day and a small meal in the evening, I'm having to read up on all my carb info!!

Last 2 evenings just had egg and meat - so completely carb free but soon I hope to have some salad/veg but keeping it low carb too - I've got food lists off here etc so know about that but was just wondering about this....

One of my fave meals back in the days of FOOD:) was those boil-in-a-bag Cod in Butter Sauce fillets with potato and brocolli/peas/cauli.... now I know I won't have the potato and limit the veg but just wondering if I could make a butter sauce? Most recipe's I've read say to use milk, butter and cornflour - so I was wondering if I was to use thick cream and butter if this would make a nice, thick-ish sauce (without cornflour!) to have over my no-carb cod fillets? I know it's laden with cals/fat but just trying to focus on low carb to stay in ketosis and know those foods are - plus it wouldn't be every day anyway but a nice little treat!!

Could I have some experienced views please - do you think this would be ok as a small meal?

Also, does anyone know how many carbs (if any) you can have in a meal once you've had however many there are in the 3 shakes prior?

Thanks very much for any help!

H x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    xanthum gum makes a good replacement for conflour.

4. hjc77

hjc77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.42%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ooo thanks for that tip Joanne!!

H x

(ps, ETA - are you the lady who, like me, unfortunately doesn't get all the benefits of ketosis - ie no hunger?! Hence I'm now AAM everyday doing WS which seems to be helping!)

5. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Yip thats me although Ive now moved back to Atkins so dont care any more lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.