Advice needed please - thinking of switching from LL to CD

Betty Boo

Hiya,

I am on the LL management programme at the moment. I go into week 6 tomorrow.

Basically, I have always had an average weight but did put on a lot of weight when I moved out with my bf. I decided I needed to lose weight and lost weight sensibly to begin with but then I become obsessed with diet and over exercising and I was diagnosed with anerexia last year. I had no help from my GP as the process to see someone took to long and there was no support in the meantime. One day I came home from work and decided that tonight was the night to eat, I couldn't keep putting it off and I had to do something to help my relationship. So as I thought would happen I gained loads and loads of weight and ended up binge eating instead.

I started LL in March this year and am now 8stone 12lb but the feelings of anorexia returned as my weight dropped. Since starting management I have lossed a further 8 pounds and now am obsessed with exercise and losing more weight. My LLC is not really very helpful and has never given me much support. I understand that she does not have the background to deal with anorexia but we have seen more of the locum then her and since starting management she has been there twice. I am fed up of paying out so much money and not getting the councelling.

What I would really like is some help from you guys. I am thinking of switching to CD as I am finding it very hard to eat. I should be eating 2 protien meals, 2 foodpacks and snacks a day but I can only manage to make myself have 1 protient meal a day and 2 foodpacks and the occasional veg or fruit snack.

Do you think that if I was to go on one of the lower calorie and pack programmes this would help me? I don't really understand how it works in this way.

Also what is the cost of the programme/packs?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am so unhappy and don't know where to turn. Please don't say the GP as they are so unhelpful.

I hope you are all enjoying the lovely weekend xx

Hiya,

I am on the LL management programme at the moment. I go into week 6 tomorrow.

Basically, I have always had an average weight but did put on a lot of weight when I moved out with my bf. I decided I needed to lose weight and lost weight sensibly to begin with but then I become obsessed with diet and over exercising and I was diagnosed with anerexia last year. I had no help from my GP as the process to see someone took to long and there was no support in the meantime. One day I came home from work and decided that tonight was the night to eat, I couldn't keep putting it off and I had to do something to help my relationship. So as I thought would happen I gained loads and loads of weight and ended up binge eating instead.

I started LL in March this year and am now 8stone 12lb but the feelings of anorexia returned as my weight dropped. Since starting management I have lossed a further 8 pounds and now am obsessed with exercise and losing more weight. My LLC is not really very helpful and has never given me much support. I understand that she does not have the background to deal with anorexia but we have seen more of the locum then her and since starting management she has been there twice. I am fed up of paying out so much money and not getting the councelling.

What I would really like is some help from you guys. I am thinking of switching to CD as I am finding it very hard to eat. I should be eating 2 protien meals, 2 foodpacks and snacks a day but I can only manage to make myself have 1 protient meal a day and 2 foodpacks and the occasional veg or fruit snack.

Do you think that if I was to go on one of the lower calorie and pack programmes this would help me? I don't really understand how it works in this way.

Also what is the cost of the programme/packs?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am so unhappy and don't know where to turn. Please don't say the GP as they are so unhelpful.

I hope you are all enjoying the lovely weekend xx

Hi Betty Boo, thats quite a sensitive topic your looking for advice on, I'd recommend that you spend the money which you normally would on packs and find yourself a private counsellor, you sound as if you have to work on re-entering eating food into your life.

I hope somebody pops past with some advice for you, as thats all I can say, find yourself a counsellor so that you can discuss this openly with him/her.

Good luck

Thank you for your reply.

I am looking for a councellor as well it's just so confusing :banghead:

xx

Back