advice needed starting Exante

Hi JHB,
Well done on getting through the first few days, you were probably just about to break through the hunger barrier and unfortunately sabotaged it a bit with your chocolate orange bar. It is really difficult at first and it's complicated, maybe it's all to do with habits, comfort etc. I have to spend time by myself thinking about why I'm doing this and what the results will be. Focus on your goals. Be tough, hunger pangs are inconvenient but you won't suffer because of them and they will pass. Remind yourself that if your body is hungry it will resort to your fat supplies so hunger pangs are the sound of your fat being burned off, welcome them. You are doing the right thing, make a plan and stick to it, congratulate yourself for doing what is best for yourself. Drink more, water hot tea or coffee. It does help fill you up and more water is so good for you.Divert yourself, go have a bath and focus on relaxing. Food will always be there and you could scoff whatever you like whenever you like, but if you have something you want to achieve in the short term then it will only ever be a matter of several hours until the next meal. Try not to think of it as deprivation but as nurturing and loving yourself, taking care of yourself,be kind to yourself. You are doing the right thing.
I am also tall, 5ft 10, and run several miles most days.My body fat is my larder, it has all the energy supplies and more that I need on top of the packs. I am still getting back into ketosis after eating at xmas and finding it a bit hard. I know that once I get back into the groove it will be much easier, just have to knuckle down to it for a few days by focussing on the goal and reminding myself it will be worth it. You go for it and don't let anything get in the way.

Help! When do you stop feeling hungry? I keep getting woken up by hunger pangs about 2 hours after going to sleep. I'm on day 4 and have followed it religiously. 3 litres of water as a minimum each day.....Happy Friday everyone xx

Ah forgive me TUmmy Tamer....I've just seen your very helpful reply. I obviously don't know how to use this site. Thank you ;-) I'm going to hide the bars from myself......x

Tummy Tamer just read your message again. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. I'm a gym goer but was waiting for four or so days until I was in ketosis before going back. Going to get my bag ready for the morning now......x

Thanks for your reply, I think writing it gave me a bit of a boost too. I think I am going to go back to keeping a journal, it has helped me before and really does help with focus and clarifying what it is I really want. I don't have gym membership but run outside[ bit tricky in this weather] and am a big fan of Davina cardio box DVD, it's just 30 minutes of kick ass, limbering,strengthening all over energizing flab busting. I also like Clare from Steps DVD. It's a great workout, fun and I love the cheesey tunes !![ also has some very hunky men in it]
I have a slinky pair of jeans[ Gap, "long and lean" I like the idea of being long and lean] and a LBD hung up in my room where I can see them and imagine myself tripping the light fantastic in them which helps encourage me . I expect you are in ketosis now. I hope I will be tomorrow. I opened a packet of walnuts yesterday and had a handful !! then heard alarm bells ringing that I was in danger of eating the whole packet so I threw the rest in the bin. I was glad I did and was proud of myself. Today I will be totally abstinent,[ had a break at xmas] and for the next 8 weeks and plan to lose two stone. Not snacking defintely makes it easier to stick too , stops the blood sugar munches roller coaster. Have faith in the process and yourself. Are we fabulous or what !!!

Good Afternoon!
Well I've just returned from the gym and am buzzing. Loved it and will be going back tomorrow. Didn't go too crazy with the cardio but put in a good hour minutes of sweat and hard work and toning.

It's funny you should say you threw your walnuts in the bin because I've just asked my friend to hide the rest of the bars. She thinks I'm bonkers! I'm going to do the next four weeks completely abstinent and gym it four days a week.

What do you think my chances are of losing 21lbs in four weeks this way?

xx

Good Afternoon!
Well I've just returned from the gym and am buzzing. Loved it and will be going back tomorrow. Didn't go too crazy with the cardio but put in a good hour minutes of sweat and hard work and toning.

It's funny you should say you threw your walnuts in the bin because I've just asked my friend to hide the rest of the bars. She thinks I'm bonkers! I'm going to do the next four weeks completely abstinent and gym it four days a week.

What do you think my chances are of losing 21lbs in four weeks this way?

xx
Woo hoo !! well done you. It feels good doesn't it. I drove down to the beach, where there isn't any snow and ran three miles. I was reading some training tips and my new mantra is this man's advice "run slowly, run daily, and don't eat like a pig"
21 lbs in four weeks ? I think you sound like a woman who can do anything she puts her mind to. Yes you can do it. My goal for the next four weeks is 14lbs but I could beat that.
I think cardio is the best bang for your buck for weight loss. The advantage of being overweight, if indeed there are any advantages, is that your extra weight provides extra resistance for toning. It's like having weights strapped onto you. I do stretching, ab work and push ups, but about 75% of my workout time is cardio. Burn , burn, burn those calories.Do stuff that makes you puff. I don't go mad or it becomes too much like hard work. I use a heart rate monitor and am working on building up a good base level of cardio endurance.[ sounds good] In ketosis you don't have any glycogen so moderate cardio seems to work well for me. I just got a new "blast belly fat fast" DVD only £4.95 from Amazon. It's got 5 10 minute sections. I need to work on my abs big time, don't want to end up with a jelly [ jellier] belly. It's nice talking to you, good luck, enjoy the gym.

Wonderful support there Tummy Tamer - a great help to everyone who reads it!
Impressive post xmas loss ! determined woman methinks. I gained 9lbs over Xmas and New Year and have lost 7 of them. Hopefully next week I will be below pre xmas weight and surfing the ketosis wave downward again. Damn you cheese and crackers!

Back