ADVICE NEEDED

ilovedogs

Please can someone explain how this diet works, how many carbs can you have in a day? Also when you reach ketosis and start losing fat will you feel good in yourself or does low carb generaly make you feel rough? Once you have reached goal weight what happens when you start to eat carbs again? will you just put all the weight back on? Sorry for all the questions but I am a bit confused.:)

It can be confusing can't it. Go to the Atkins thread and read the stickies at the top, this gives the basics of most Low carb diets, how they work and how they affect you. Hope that helps.

Once you've done that come back and ask the questions. :)

Hi,

yes you can eat carbs again, go and have a look at my I love Sunday Morning thread.

The whole plan is about gently re introducing carbs until you find a point where you are at goal weight and not losing any more. That's when you can say you are in maint as I am now. Of course if you go back to your old ways of eating then you'll end up being fat again.

I only had the bad breath etc for a month or so, I suspect it's only when you're initially in ketosis that you have those symptoms, but everybody is different of course.

Back