Advice on AAM week please!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Shimsham, 15 November 2006 Social URL.

1. Shimsham

Shimsham Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am REALLY looking forward to my AAM week in a couple of weeks time (and again xmas week:D) but have read posts by a few people who have found it very difficult to get back to SSing afterwards. Was wondering if anyone can offer any tips on how to overcome this and what pitfalls to look out for or would be prepared to share thier success stories?

Jeanie x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    If you stay within what it tells you to have on AAM week on page 7 of your yellow booklet, you should be fine. You shouldn't come out of ketosis and I never really noticed going from AAM week back to Ss as a problem. What I did always notice was that it seemed to speed my metabolism up a notch and I lost more the week after AAM.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    My No 1 tip would be to weigh it all and do exactly as the book states.

Also try to think of it as another Cambridge meal, rather than thinking 'right...this is the week that I get to eat'.

If you've been having bars, you are already eating (suppose that could be said for shakes too). This is only just a small increase in calories.

With the meal being the right size and the head in the right place, I think you'll find you get back to SS without a problem.

5. Shimsham

Shimsham Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you

OOh thanx Beverley - that gives me something extra to look forward to too! :D

And thanx Karion for reminding me about portion control - a real struggle for me at times... :rolleyes:

Jeanie x

6. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Hiya

As already said, as long as you stick to it properly, you'll be fine. It's really nice to have food again, but it is a small amount & I don't think you'll miss it again the following week. You'll stay in ketosis, so it's not a problem and will continue to lose. Enjoy it :)

7. snowyj

snowyj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I found it easier going back on to SS after AAM...it meant that I didn't have to think about food, and going back to sachets and bars took any decisions away about what else I could eat...I found it a bit of a relief really.

8. Lyndsey66

Lyndsey66 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I have not found transition from aam to ss difficult. Dont worry too much I think that you will cope fine. dont get disheartened if you dont loose as much weight on a aam week - you will loose more the week after.

9. FatFairNForty(ish)

FatFairNForty(ish) Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    IT's my first day SS'ing after my first week of AAM and I, like you, was worried about going back to not eating "proper" food... but it's been ok. I have found that making the recipes has made a huge difference to my ability to stick to the SS plan.. I am encouraged by the comment that I might lose more this week than last too.. lol.. but I would say that all the above advice is really sound.. definitely portion control.. it would have been very easy to allow an extra ounce or two of chicken, fish or even a mountain of veg... but if you just stick to it, you shouldn't have any probs hun. Enjoy your AAM week - I certainly did and am looking forward to the next one at Christmas! lol Good luck! Am sure you will do just tickety -boo! x

10. Shimsham

Shimsham Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you Mme Dotty, Snowy, Butterscotch and FFF,

It really helps me to stay focussed and think positively to hear your own experiences, and in particular your success stories, with AAM. :)
    As I already said I am looking forward to it rather than dreading it but I SO want to get it right!

Thank you all,

Jeanie x

11. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hiya, I loved my AAM week!! Was a bit apprehensive coming up to it, but only had teeny portions and stuck to jus grilled chiken breast & mushrooms for the whole week (am not very experimental!!) Didnt have a problem getting back to SSing and wasnt hungry or anything like that...am really glad I did it and am so looking forward to my next one!!

FatFairNForty(ish) likes this.
  12. Shimsham

Shimsham Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    OOH thanx Kazz! You got me all excited bout it (it's the little things, huh?:) ) and got to wait another 2 weeks!!:rolleyes:

Jeanie x

13. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I think we need something to look forward to!! As well as the slinny clothes at the end of course!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.