Coming off TS for a family celebration - advice please!

holiday2013

Hi
I started on TS 10 days ago, and have found it relatively easy after the hard first few days. I haven't cheated and I am really happy that I have lost 12.5lb so far!!
I have an important family celebratory do at a restaurant this weekend. There is no way I can get out of it, however am conscious that I don't want to undo all the success so far. I am really worried it will be hard to get back on track afterwards.
Any tips or advice?

Have a look at the menu and see if there are any low carb options- meat and veg etc. if not, see if you can phone ahead and ask if they will alter a dish a bit for your dietry needs. You will still have a treat but won't feel like you've gone off the rails so to speak. Nothing wrong with splashing out every now and then, as long as you know you can get back on track.

I have seen a list of low carb foods on the working solutions thread which could help you choose what meal to have.

Hope you have a great time :)

You'll be fine hun, just go onto working solution for a day, take your 3 packs to keep 100% of your nutrients and add a low carb meal. Most restaurants will have a chicken salad or similar you can get with no dressing. Drink water and avoid pudding!! :) if you only have one meal I'm sure you won't struggle to get back into TS the day after!

If youre staying low carb and high protein remember and avoid alcohol

Thanks for all the advice everyone. We are going to a Greek restaurant so I will google low carb Greek dishes.

Starlight, you mentioned to have no alcohol. I'm not a big drinker, so definitely won't miss it this weekend. However I have a friends hen do at the end of July (its starting with a cocktail making class in a bar!) so I will definitely be drinking then. Would you advise that I should come off TS for the weekend?

Thanks x

Back