Advice on calorie counting!!!!!

That pate and bread sounds nice. Given the amount of bread I've eaten over the past couple of weeks on my "carb binge", I'm keeping away for now, but the smell of your toast wafted over here, mmm!

I've been here 21 years now and low calorie products are now easily available in shops, although they weren't when I first came here. It was quite a shock initially to find no "ready to cook" meals etc in supermarkets! Now there are of course, but I rarely if ever buy them now. The French tend to eat a lot of fresh veg and fruit anyway so I am now doing likewise.

You are lucky to be so tall, and you're right to set yourself manageable targets on the way. Perhaps plan some non food oriented treats for each target you smash! I hope you took your measurements so that you can have a nice surprise when you see your inches melting away.

Karion! What on earth did you do to get banned from a Slimming Club? (Methinks it must have been VERY bad cos I wouldn't have thought they'd have turned down your money!!)

Karion! What on earth did you do to get banned from a Slimming Club?
:cry::cry:I lost too much weight:cry::cry:It was so disappointing:cry::cry:I had a major talking to for a few weeks, then told I wasn't to come back:confused:

Mum still told me I was fat though:clap: Good old Mum ;)

That beggars belief. You were banned from a slimming club for errr slimming too well? I suppose they feared you weren't eating or something!

I wondered whether you'd been caught selling cut price chocolate in class or something!

That beggars belief. You were banned from a slimming club for errr slimming too well? I suppose they feared you weren't eating or something!
Yep. I did get very low though. I couldn't see it, and of course, my mum thought the same :( It was my first attempt at dieting. 17th birthday present from Mummy:rolleyes: I weighed a little less than I do now when I started!! In hindsight should never have been accepted in the first place.

I wondered whether you'd been caught selling cut price chocolate in class or something!
:D :D

I used to lose Slimming Magazine (never went to a class though) but the magazine was great. Wonder why it got axed? Emap are still publishing other mags aren't they.

I don't think I would go to a slimming club for calorie counting, bit like going to the gym to walk. Not knocking it for others though, sometimes I think getting weighed by someone each week has a great impact on motivation throughout the week :)

I love weight loss resources. I found them a few months ago after recommendation by Karion and haven't looked back (just need to shift my bum ;)) they are the calorie counters dream!

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well, and less of you from the last time i posted.

I have bought the a-z of calories, and will start today to count calories to 1200. can any one advise me do you count the calories of vegetables like cabbage, carrots etc. only I have heard that you dont need to count them.

Cheers!

Sturdy

I love weight loss resources. I found them a few months ago after recommendation by Karion and haven't looked back (just need to shift my bum ;)) they are the calorie counters dream!

Yes, it really helped me. I used it all the time for 6 months, then off and off for 6 months while trying to IE (eat intuitively), then decided to go it alone. I'm still a member though. I'm on 6 monthly subscription and forgot to cancel. I have cancelled now and it finishes 28th August. Will miss it. Don't need it, but love to jump on the forums when the VLCD discussions need a bit of balancing. Really shouldn't be paying £x per month just for that though.

can any one advise me do you count the calories of vegetables like cabbage, carrots etc. only I have heard that you dont need to count them.

When you are cc, you should count them. You get to have plenty of other foods that people on diets with free veg and fruit don't get. I wouldn't be too strick on the veg bit though (except starchy veg...peas, sweetcorn). Just weigh out what a cup, or spoonful is, and use that when dishing up. Won't need to weigh again as you'll know the portion size.

Fruit is often higher. Always worth weighing.

Back